Actor David Nelson Passes Away At 74January 13th, 2011 - 6:29 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Jan 13, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Actor David Nelson who is best known as for starring in the sitcom “The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet” which was based on his family, breathed his last on Tuesday. The highly-acclaimed actor passed away after a long fight with colon cancer, a family spokesperson has confirmed to the media. David Nelson was 74 years of age at the time of his demise. The news of the unfortunate death of the last surviving member of the hit 1950’s sitcom, has come as a huge disappointment to the ardent fans of the show.
A statement that was released on Wednesday by publicist Dale Olson read that David Nelson left for the heavenly abode on Tuesday at his Century City, California, home in the presence of his family members. The publicist also went on to say that the noted actor’s wife Yvonne, who has been married to him for the past 36 years, was by his side during his last moments. David Nelson’s demise brings an end to an era as he was the last surviving member of the real-life sitcom “The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet.” The television show which went on to attain wide popularity featured his parents, bandleader Ozzie Nelson and musical artist Harriet Hilliard along with his brother Rick Nelson.
The family show which initially began on the radio was soon adapted for the small screen and it aired for the first time in the year 1952. Over the years, the sitcom reached new heights with a whopping 435 episodes being aired in its long run till the year 1966.
- Actor David Nelson dies at age 74 - Jan 13, 2011
- Comedian David Frye Passes Away At 77 - Jan 30, 2011
- Kaitlin Olson and Rob McElhenney Had To See Home Run Before Giving Birth - Sep 04, 2010
- Renowned Actor Steve Landesberg Passes Away At 65 - Dec 21, 2010
- Noted Composer Milton Babbitt Dies At 94 - Jan 30, 2011
- Charlie Sheen dumped by 'goddess' Bree Olson via text message - Apr 25, 2011
- Mathew Perry still in Chandler's shoes? - Aug 09, 2012
- Larry King returning to TV for sitcom gig - Jan 13, 2011
- Indian people are not adventurous: J.D. Majethia (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Indians not open to adventure, says Mathejia - Jan 09, 2012
- Bree Olson leaves Charlie Sheen's tour - Apr 19, 2011
- Imminent British Author Brian Jacques Passes Away At 71 - Feb 08, 2011
- "Leave It To Beaver" Actress Barbara Billingsley Dies At 94 - Oct 18, 2010
- Julia Louis Dreyfus Finds Her Place At The Hollywood Walk Of Fame - May 04, 2010
- Judge James Pickles Passes Away At 85 - Dec 23, 2010
Tags: actor david, adventures of ozzie and harriet, ardent fans, brother rick, california home, century city california, colon cancer, dale olson, david nelson, gina gomez, harriet hilliard, heavenly abode, musical artist, ozzie and harriet, ozzie nelson, publicist, rick nelson, sitcom, unfortunate death, wife yvonne