Action without entertainment no fun: Shabina KhanJune 13th, 2012 - 4:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 13 (IANS) Her debut Bollywood co-production “Rowdy Rathore” has crossed Rs.100 crore mark at the box office and designer Shabina Khan is ecstatic. She says all kinds of action work with the audience, provided the right dose of entertainment is offered.
“People go to a theatre to be entertained. Today, there are all sorts of action scenes - live action and special effects created scenes. It’s not true that live action entertains better,” Khan told IANS.
” ‘Mission Impossible: 4′ had hysterical action sequences, and it worked. Viewers can be entertained by just a sequence wherein one actor slaps another… it’s just about the whole experience and how entertaining the experience is,” she added.
“Rowdy Rathore”, starring Bollywood’s Akshay ‘Khiladi’ Kumar and one-film-old Sonakshi Sinha, is jointly produced by Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Khan.
The movie has reportedly collected Rs.101.5 crore so far.
“It feels great. It has still not seeped in and the numbers are just pouring in. It’s very encouraging,” said Khan, who was itching to get into film production after producing TV serials since 2002.
“My first film production just happened to be ‘Rowdy Rathore’. I was constantly trying to come into film production, and then Sanjay told me about this, and it seemed like a good idea, given that Akshay was going to make his comeback to action with this in his ‘khiladi’ avatar,” she said.
As a designer, Khan designed for Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Rani Mukerji, Hrithik Roshan and Madhuri Dixit.
For now, she is looking forward to producing more films, and she is busy working as the costume designer for “Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum”.
- Bollywood packs its best punch with raw action - Jun 28, 2012
- Designer Shabina Khan turns producer with 'Rowdy Rathore' - Apr 03, 2012
- Akshay game to play baddie again - May 22, 2012
- 'Rowdy Rathore', 'Housefull 2' release dates announced - Sep 30, 2011
- Potboilers' successful run has continued: Sanjay Leela Bhansali - Jun 11, 2012
- Action works for Akshay, 'Rowdy Rathore' earns Rs.29.8 cr - Jun 03, 2012
- Bhansali, Shabinaa team up to co-produce Akshay-starrer 'Rowdy Rathore' - Apr 29, 2011
- Censor beeps dialogue in 'Rowdy Rathore' trailer - Apr 03, 2012
- Akshay thanks fans for 'Rowdy Rathore' success - Jun 04, 2012
- Decide Akshay Kumar's 'Rowdy Rathore' look online - Aug 06, 2011
- Akshay talks business, says make your own films - Apr 15, 2012
- Prabhu Deva dance steps not easy, says Akshay - Apr 11, 2012
- Get set for comedy, thrillers in 2012 - Jan 01, 2012
- Want to see raw action, watch 'Rowdy Rathore: Akshay - May 29, 2012
- Actors are not racing horses: Akshay Kumar - Dec 15, 2011
Tags: action sequences, akshay, co production, costume designer, film production, hrithik roshan, khiladi, kyaa, madhuri dixit, mission impossible, mission impossible 4, New Delhi, rani mukerji, rathore, salman khan, sanjay leela bhansali, shah rukh khan, sinha, special effects, tv serials