Action director Peter Hein shoots from wheelchairMarch 21st, 2009 - 5:49 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, March 21 (IANS) Action director Peter Hein suffered as many as 18 fractures while doing a stunt around 20 days back, but he is now back to work on a wheelchair, shooting for the Rajnikanth-starrer “Yenthiran” (Robot).
“I did not want to delay the shooting even by a day because of the costs involved and returned to work after my recent accident that had resulted in 18 fractures,” Hein told reporters in Ramoji Film City here Saturday.
“I had suffered 27 fractures before this latest accident while choreographing stunts. I keep doing this because I do not want to cheat the audiences of the thrill of a real stunt fraught with dangers,” said Hein, who is of Vietnamese descent but works for Indian films.
The action director, who also does stunts, came in for much praise from superstar Rajnikanth and “Yenthiran” director Shankar, his publicists said.
Hein, who choreographed the action for Aamir Khan’s “Ghajini” recently, will also soon return to the sets of Mani Ratnam’s film “Ravan” whose work had to be postponed following the injury sustained 20 days ago.
He suffered multiple fractures while doing a dangerous stunt on motorcycles for Telugu film “Mahadheera”, which stars Ram Charan Teja, son of actor-turned-politician Chiranjeevi.
- 'Endhiran' final phase in Chennai - Mar 18, 2010
- Is 'Endhiran' preponed to March? - Nov 30, 2009
- Novel theme makes '7aam Arivu' a good watch (Tamil Movie Review) - Oct 30, 2011
- K.V. Anand Completes Ko - Jul 28, 2010
- Balakrishna is ready to take risk for PVC - Aug 26, 2010
- What secret does Neil keep from his dad? - Jul 25, 2010
- Sunny Deol's Back Problem Is Back, Action Sequence Stalled - Jul 24, 2010
- Sunny Deol's back problem is back, action sequence stalled - Jul 24, 2010
- Priyadarshan a wonderful director: Hollywood action expert (With Images) - Apr 18, 2012
- Shaurya shot 'Krrish 3' action scenes without stunt double - Aug 01, 2012
- Rajnikanth's escapes car blast! - Nov 14, 2009
- 'Robot' - Rajnikanth scores again (IANS Movie Review- Rating:***) - Oct 01, 2010
- Media baron Ramoji Rao's son dead - Sep 07, 2012
- Neil carries on working with broken finger - Feb 15, 2011
- Akshay Kumar In Ghajini Director's Next, Vipul Shah To Produce - Jun 15, 2010
Tags: aamir khan, action director, actor turned politician, chiranjeevi, dangerous stunt, director peter, director shankar, film city, fractures, ghajini, indian films, mani ratnam, march 21, peter hein, publicists, rajnikanth, ram charan, ravan, stunts, vietnamese descent