Acting with Big B is a huge bonus: Kannada star SudeepApril 22nd, 2009 - 9:36 am ICT by IANS
Bangalore, April 22 (IANS) Popular Kannada star Sudeep is enjoying every bit of shooting in Ram Gopal Varma’s next movie “Rann” where he plays Amitabh Bachchan’s son. He says sharing screen space with the superstar always charges him up.
“I cannot describe in words how happy I was when Ram Gopal Varma sir told me that I would be playing Jay Malik, an important character in ‘Rann’, and I would be working with a legendary actor like the Big B. I had never dreamt of anything like this,” Sudeep told IANS over phone from Mumbai.
“To be seen in the same sequence with an actor like Amithabh Bachchan is itself a big bonus to me. I was always charged whenever I shot sequences with him,” the star added.
Bachchan plays the owner of a news channel called ‘India 24/7′ in the media-based film and Sudeep revealed that many scenes between them were “confrontation sequences”.
“Most of the sequences that have been shot till now featuring me and Bachchan sir have been confrontation sequences. I have a different mindset from that of Bachchan sir as I play a young man hungry for success at any cost. He plays the role of a media baron, Harshvardhan Malik, who values his editorial content and responsibility,” the actor said.
Apart from Bachchan and Sudeep, the film also stars Paresh Rawal, Rajat Kapoor, Riteish Deshmukh, Manisha Koirala, Purab Kohli and Gul Panag.
” ‘Rann’ will certainly be a great film as far as performances are concerned. Besides a terrific actor like the Big B, there are many actors who are doing some exciting characters in the film. And as usual like any RGV film it would be a visual treat,” said Sudeep, who had acted in Varma’s “Phoonk” as well.
The star is overjoyed that Amitabh Bachchan liked his work.
“One thing made me very happy. RGV sir showed me a message sent by Big B to him that he was impressed with my acting. I think that is a compliment which would be etched in my memory,” said Sudeep, who has also directed three Kannada films.
Sudeep turned director in 2006 with ‘My Autograph’, a remake of successful Tamil film ‘Autograph’. The movie went on to become a silver jubilee hit. His second directorial venture was “73, Shanthi Nivasa” and his third film as director is “Veera Madakari”, which is still playing in theatres.
With “Veera Madakari” becoming a hit, Sudeep will now look to direct his next film “Just Math Mathnalli”, which has been written by himself. Shooting for the film, produced by Shankar and starring actress Ramya opposite Sudeep, is likely to begin in early May.
- Working with Amitabh fulfils my mom's dream: Sudeep - Feb 05, 2010
- Kannada Star Sudeep's Birthday Celebrated On September 2 - Sep 07, 2010
- Sudeep to work with Ram Gopal Varma again in 'Phoonk II' - Oct 18, 2009
- Amitabh Bachchan hits Bangalore to promote Rann - Jan 27, 2010
- Big B has not said no to me: Varma - Apr 27, 2012
- 'Kempe Gowda' entertaining masala movie (Kannada Movie Review) - Mar 13, 2011
- Sudeep praised in Rann - Feb 02, 2010
- Amitabh's eyes said it all: Kannada actor Sudeep - May 24, 2009
- I am now getting roles that suit me: Amitabh Bachchan - Jan 23, 2010
- Sonu Sood to play Big B's son - Aug 05, 2010
- RGV compares Aamir to god! (Movie Snippets) - Jul 06, 2011
- Karnataka CM exempts tax on 'Paa', to view film - Jan 23, 2010
- Ram Gopal Varma unaware of Bheja Fry actor Rajat Kapoor! - Dec 22, 2009
- Age no bar for Anil Kapoor (Movie Snippets) - Apr 19, 2012
- Kerala and Karnataka actors are sidelined in Bollywood: Sudeep (Interview) - Mar 27, 2010
Tags: amitabh bachchan, bangalore, based film, confrontation, editorial content, gul panag, legendary actor, malik, manisha koirala, mindset, paresh rawal, purab kohli, rajat kapoor, ram gopal varma, rann, riteish deshmukh, screen space, sequences, sudeep, terrific actor