Acting was no longer a challenge: Prashant BhattMay 17th, 2012 - 2:42 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 17 (IANS) Prashant Bhatt faced the camera for 12 years, and worked as the creative director on several TV shows before taking up the role of the fiction head at Colors. He says he gave up acting because he was bored.
“I took a break from acting three years ago. I was bored of acting. Simple,” Prashant, who was seen in shows like “Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi” and “C.I.D.”, told IANS.
“I like challenges, and acting was no longer a challenge. I had been acting for 12 years and if I would have found acting challenging even after that long, I would have to be a pathetic actor,” he added.
Prashant’s transition from being an actor to being a behind-the-scenes person wasn’t sudden.
He worked as a creative director on several shows such as “Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii”, “Kaahin Kissii Roz”, “Kya Hadsaa Kya Haqeeqat”, and “Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani” with Ekta Kapoor’s Balaji Telefilms.
“I have been making shows for 12 years. My first show as a creative head was ‘Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii’. The last one that I did before joining Colors was ‘Bade Achhe Lagte Hain’. Somehow the challenge there also had gone.
“The idea was fine, I am making it… But where was the challenge? The challenge is in something like this (in what I’m doing),” he said.
He is content using his experience at Colors, where he is driving the channel’s fiction properties with new shows and concepts.
- The bold get bolder on Indian telly - Mar 16, 2012
- Shaan's tryst with acting! (Movie Snippets) - Oct 26, 2011
- TV's old favourites are back - May 20, 2011
- Middle-aged men rule the roost on television - Jan 09, 2012
- 'Men getting their due on small screen' - Jul 21, 2011
- Mouli, a shopaholic (TV Snippets) - Jul 03, 2012
- Ekta promised me an image makeover: Sakshi Tanwar - May 29, 2011
- My productions are not gender-biased: Ekta Kapoor - Dec 08, 2011
- Time for old actors to come back and take control: Mona 'Jassi' Singh (Interview) - Jan 21, 2012
- Ekta Kapoor's media school to open in capital - May 28, 2012
- Anjum Chopra turns cricket coach on 'Khatron Ke Khiladi' (TV Snippets) - May 04, 2011
- Now TV serials shot in foreign shores - Jan 07, 2012
- Sakshi Tanwar makes her 'bold' presence felt - Oct 17, 2011
- Aishwarya Sakhuja comfortable kissing onscreen - Mar 27, 2012
- Young to old overnight - generational leaps back on TV - Jun 29, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,