Accessories to dominate Sanchita’s menswear lineAugust 29th, 2011 - 4:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 29 (IANS) Designer Sanchita Ajjampur believes that accessories play an important role in making an outfit glamorous. And that is why her menswear line at the Van Heusen India Men’s Week, starting Sep 2 at the Grand Hotel here, will be all about trendy accessories.
“Accessories were never considered relevant in men’s fashion,” Sanchita told IANS. “But now menswear designers are changing this notion. There is a flourishing market for accessories now. Menswear is no longer limited and we all must hail the change.”
The designer will showcase a range of accessories - including collapsible shoes, bags, casual hats, geek chic glasses and hand-knotted scarves - for a collection inspired by architectonic schemes and reversed folk traditions.
“The collection has been inspired by the architectonic schemes and reversed folk traditions used to create wild geometric designs and wavy forms on super fine creased cotton T-shirts,” the designer said.
She has used a lot of hand-dye techniques to make an eco-friendly collection. “The bags were made in natural harvested yarns and hand-dyed in multiple colour parings,” she said. “Also, casual hats have been fashioned from natural fibres for an eco-friendly look.”
The silhouettes that can be defined in the range are slim-fitted shirts, bomber jackets, waistcoats, trousers, twill pants and shorts that are juxtaposed with contemporary Japanese coats and lounge wear with further contrast piping.
The colour palette varies from ochre, citron, lazurite, celadonite, malachite, raw green amber, bone black, cobalt, zinc, azurite and titanium.
- Celebrities? Who knows? But trends for sure at men's week (Curtainraiser) - Sep 01, 2011
- Sanchita gets inspired by wild west at LFW - Aug 07, 2012
- Indian designer menswear market has come of age: Anita Dongre (With Images) - Apr 01, 2012
- 17 brands to participate in India Mens Week - Aug 21, 2011
- Wanted, more designers for menswear - Sep 02, 2011
- Now, Archana Kochhar designs for metrosexual men (With Image) - Apr 05, 2012
- Rohit Bal to showcase at Men's week finale - Aug 12, 2010
- Designer Anita Dongre launches menswear line - Mar 26, 2012
- Taufiq Qureshi steals WIFW show with vocal percussions - Feb 19, 2012
- Traditional fabrics turn sensual in Tahiliani's show - Sep 03, 2011
- Neeru Kumar pays tribute to Indian fabrics at WIFW - Apr 06, 2011
- Diminish boundaries, generate business: Men's fashion week's motto - Aug 26, 2010
- Ahana Deol to design for a cause (With Image) - Jan 25, 2012
- Barbie Apparel's first couture range for girls (With image) - Apr 03, 2012
- Bollywood tunes set mood at Pakistan Bridal Week - Dec 19, 2011
Tags: azurite, bomber jackets, casual hats, cobalt, colour palette, folk traditions, geometric designs, grand hotel, hand dye, lazurite, menswear, natural fibres, New Delhi, piping, scarves, silhouettes, trendy accessories, van heusen, yarns, zinc