Abhishek Sharma’s headache behind ‘Tere Bin Laden’ conceptionJuly 14th, 2010 - 3:29 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 14 (ANI): The director of a comedy flick called ‘Tere Bin Laden’ (Without You Laden), about a lookalike of Osama Bin Laden, has said that the idea struck him when his wife told him that he resembled the Al-Qaeda leader with a scarf and beard.
The film that is due to be released this week is about a struggling Pakistani journalist who tries to sell an interview of a ‘fake’ Bin Laden as a scoop.
“One day I had a throbbing headache on my way back from home. So I tied a scarf around my head,” the BBC quoted Abhishek Sharma, director of the movie, as saying.
“When I reached home, my wife said I looked like Osama Bin Laden since I also have a beard. It was her remark that got me thinking,” he added.
He said that while researching he found fake interviews with Osama: “So I worked the story backwards.”
Although the film is a comedy; the director maintains that they have been careful about the authenticity of locations in Karachi, facts about Bin Laden and the context of the story.
“It is a farce but rooted in real issues,” said Sharma.
“We made sure every aspect of the film was a spoof and nothing should be construed in any wrong manner. (ANI)
- 'Tere Bin Laden' director writing second comedy - Apr 10, 2011
- Terror on celluloid: Documentaries, movies tracking Osama - May 02, 2011
- 'Promising time for small films, but studios reluctant' - Mar 28, 2012
- Now an Indian director's satirical take on Osama bin Laden - Jun 09, 2010
- 'Tere Bin Laden' a satire on Osama (IANS Preview) - Jul 14, 2010
- No US release for 'Tere Bin Laden' for now - Jul 08, 2010
- My second film will be a comedy again: Abhishek Sharma - Dec 12, 2010
- 'Tere Bin Laden' to open The Friars Club's Comedy Film Festival - Sep 23, 2010
- The 'Fake Osama Bin Laden' Revealed - Jul 24, 2010
- Hope to revive popularity of comics: Director Abhishek Sharma (Interview) - Feb 21, 2012
- Aamir may join Twitter at Big B's behest (Film Snippets) - Jun 12, 2010
- Actors as journalists, Bollywood continues the trend - Jul 02, 2010
- Abhishek Sharma to begin second film by 2011-end - May 27, 2011
- 'Tere Bin Laden'- high on wit, but doesn't make the cut (IANS Film Review; Rating:** 1/2) - Jul 17, 2010
- Fake Osama Bin Laden On Twitter - Jun 11, 2010