Abhishek Bachchan features in TV soap to promote ‘Drona’ (Film Snippets)September 30th, 2008 - 8:10 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 30 (IANS) The cast and crew of popular TV series “Balika Vadhu” played perfect host to actor Abhishek Bachchan, who made a short stopover on the sets of the show recently to promote his much talked about action fantasy “Drona”, which is releasing Thursday.Abhishek was spotted in conversation with the lead characters of the show Anandi and Jagdish, played by Avika Gor and Avinash Mukherjee respectively.
The actor has even shot for a special episode with the complete cast of the serial. The special episode will air on channel Colors Thursday.
While shooting for this episode, Abhishek also picked up the popular Rajasthani accent used by the cast in the show and referred to his wife Aishwarya as “beendhni” (wife), said a press release.
This will be Abhishek’s second appearance on a show of the channel to promote his film. Last week, he made a surprise appearance in reality TV show “Bigg Boss 2″, interacted with host Shilpa Shetty and met the inmates staying in the “Bigg Boss” house.
Sonu Sood pulls off real life stunt to save kid
While shopping at a mall in Malaysia recently, actor Sonu Sood, last seen in “Singh is Kinng”, was quick to react when he saw a child falling off an escalator there.
A woman was queuing up for the escalator with her kid in tow. On her turn, she stepped on but the child could not keep up with the mother. As the escalator moved, the kid was about to fall.
That is when Sonu came into the picture and caught hold of the child.
“It was just a reflex action. I mean, saving the kid was what came to my mind first and I’m glad I could act within a jiffy. I didn’t even realise that I was doing a stunt in real life. It happened maybe because my instincts said it was important to save the child and nothing else,” said Sonu.
The actor was shooting in Malaysia for UTV Motion Picture’s “Dhoondhte Reh Jaaoge”.
Shilpa Shetty cheers Indian team at Grand Prix
Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty’s love for fast cars drove her to cheer the Force India Formula One at the Grand Prix in Singapore recently.
Business tycoon Vijay Mallya, who owns the team, and Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone invited the Bollywood diva.
“I cheered for Force India. Fast cars and bikes have been my passion and there was no way I could have given this invitation a miss. It’s the first time ever that we got to see Grand Prix in the night,” said Shilpa.
While she was there, Shilpa also shared some light moments with Force India’s German driver Adrian Sutil.
The event, held Sunday in Singapore, was the first-ever night Grand Prix race.
- Naagin dance scares Sharman (Movie Snippets) (With Image) - Jun 13, 2012
- Check Out The Winner Of 'Comedy Circus Ka Jadoo' In Tonight’s Grand Finale Episode - Dec 11, 2010
- Thanks to Delhi fog, Abhishek missed 'Bigg Boss' event - Jan 02, 2012
- Dolly Bindra in 'Adalat' (TV Snippets) - Dec 28, 2011
- Ranbir is a good kid, says Sonu Niigaam - Mar 21, 2012
- Will try and match upto Shilpa, Big B: Salman - Aug 04, 2010
- Contestants Of 'Bigg Boss 4' Revealed - Oct 04, 2010
- Can't wait to work with Madhuri again: Naseeruddin - Jun 18, 2012
- Bollywood cheers Saina Nehwal's victory - Jun 27, 2010
- Lara Dutta launches yoga CDs (Movie Snippets) - Nov 17, 2010
- Miffed Veena Malik swears to tell all before next break - Dec 20, 2011
- Why is Sonu not in 'Dabangg 2'? - Oct 26, 2011
- Sonu Sood scared of heights, wants to skydive - Jul 24, 2012
- Vindu Dara Singh hits out at Poojas (With Images) - Jan 03, 2012
- 'Big Boss' gave me recognition as designer: Rohit Verma (With Images) - May 26, 2012