Abhishek acts funny with wife AishwaryaMay 3rd, 2011 - 9:47 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 3 (IANS) You could say Abhishek Bachchan is acting funny with wife Aishwarya - that’s because the couple are starring in their first comedy together called “Ladies And Gentlemen”.
“I was very keen to do a comedy after a spate of more serious films and also Aishwarya and I haven’t done a comedy together, so I’m excited about this film,” Abhishek told IANS in an e-mail interview from Murmansk, Russia.
To be produced and directed by Rajkumar Santoshi, the film is slated for a 2012 release and is set to go on the floors in the first week of July this year.
“It’s a great script, very funny and Raj-ji is directing it. We’ve been very keen to work together for a long time. I’m very happy that we will be finally working together,” he said.
In the film, Abhishek plays a guy with an insatiable roving eye and Aishwarya sportingly allows her husband to do so.
When asked to give more details, the 35-year-old said: “It wouldn’t be correct to speak about the film at this juncture.”
In the last two years, he has only worked in serious movies like “Paa”, “Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey” and “Dum Maaro Dum”.
Abhishek and Aishwarya, who tied the knot in 2007, teamed up for the first time on screen for the 2001 movie “Dhaai Akshar Prem Ke”. Three years later Rohan Sippy roped them in for his directorial debut “Kuch Naa Kaho” and then J.P. Dutta made “Umrao Jaan” (2006) with the two — all these films didn’t do well.
Their first big hit as a couple was Mani Ratnam’s “Guru” (2007), followed by Ram Gopal Varma’s “Sarkar Raj”.
In Sanjay Gadhvi’s hit action thriller “Dhoom 2″, they shared the screen, but not as a couple. Aishwarya also made a special appearance in the hit song “Kajrare” in the Abhishek starrer “Bunty Aur Babli”.
They were last seen on screen in “Raavan”, which was declared a dud.
Abhishek, whose “Game” bombed at the box office, is elated with the positive response to “Dum Maaro Dum”.
“I haven’t had the time to sit down and reflect on the film. But I think youth have really connected with it. I always said Rohan has always made very cool films. The script by Shridhar and an all-round great team performance I think has worked for the film,” he added.
“Dum Maaro Dum” also starred Bipasha Basu, Prateik Babbar and Rana Daggubati among others.
Abhishek, who is currently shooting in Russia for Abbas-Mustan’s “Players”, which again has Bipasha, also came clean on allegations that he was not happy with the climax of “Dum Maaro Dum” and wanted to get it changed.
“Nothing like that. Rohan has always been kind enough to involve me in the entire creative process of his films. I had suggestions. Some he used and some he didn’t. It’s all part of the process of making a film,” he said.
- Bollywood mourns death of filmmaker Raj Kanwar - Feb 03, 2012
- Bipasha helped me a lot: Rana Daggubati - Mar 30, 2011
- 'Dum Maaro Dum' gets good response in south, thanks to Rana - Apr 26, 2011
- No intention to show Goa in bad light in 'Dum Maro Dum': Rohan Sippy - Mar 28, 2011
- Role swap for Abhishek Bachchan - yet again - Apr 13, 2011
- Abhishek turns singer for 'Dum Maaro Dum' (Movie snippets) - Apr 07, 2011
- Deepika won't perform at India-South Africa match - Mar 09, 2011
- Thriller set in Goa will have universal appeal: Rohan Sippy (Interview) - Apr 19, 2011
- No holiday for Abhi-Ash on fourth anniversary - Apr 11, 2011
- Link-up rumours part of our business: Bipasha Basu (With Images) - May 02, 2011
- Our misfortune that Dev saab is upset: Ramesh Sippy - Mar 24, 2011
- 'Dum Maaro Dum' trains camera on drugs, sex and violence (IANS Preview) - Apr 19, 2011
- Fox Star to co-produce Rohan Sippy, Abhishek's third film - Mar 16, 2010
- Abhi-Ash marriage: Big B reminisces gala evening - Apr 20, 2011
- Release dates don't matter for good films: Abhishek Bachchan - Mar 10, 2011
Tags: abhishek bachchan, action thriller, akshar, bunty aur babli, dhoom 2, directorial debut, dud, dum maaro dum, e mail, kaho, ladies and gentlemen, mail interview, murmansk russia, raavan, rajkumar santoshi, ram gopal varma, roving eye, sanjay gadhvi, sarkar raj, sey