Abhi-Ash welcome baby girl, get wishes galore (Roundup)November 16th, 2011 - 7:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 16 (IANS) The Bachchan family is ecstatic about the birth of Abhishek and Aishwarya’s first child, a baby girl in Mumbai, Wednesday morning. The news also spread cheer among many Bollywood celebrities, who sent out good wishes for their new bundle of joy.
Former Miss World Aishwarya, 38, was admitted to the Seven Hills hospital in Andheri, Mumbai, Monday night. The child was delivered in a normal manner a few minutes before 10 a.m. Wednesday.
As soon as the baby was born, Abhishek tweeted: “IT’S A GIRL!!!!!! :-)))))”, while his father, megastar Amitabh Bachchan, shared his excitement on becoming a grandfather.
“I AM DADA to the cutest baby girl, A dada ji … Ecstatic,” posted the 69-year-old, who already has two grandchildren - Agastya and Navya Naveli, children of his daughter Shweta and son-in-law Nikhil Nanda.
Ash and the baby are doing “great”, according to Abhishek, who has been by his wife’s side ever since she was admitted to the hospital. He hasn’t slept well because he is “too excited”.
The Bachchan family has been recieving good wishes for the new addition.
Some family friends like former Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh, filmmaker Goldie Behl and his wife Sonali Bendre, as well as filmmakers Apoorva Lakhia and Bunty Walia, visited the hospital to meet the ‘Baby B’. Singh was one of the first ones to visit the newborn at the hospital, which had tight security arrangements.
Most celebrities like Anupam Kher, Javed Akhtar, Sonam Kapoor, Karan Johar, Bipasha Basu and Arjun Rampal, as well as melody queen Lata Mangeshkar took to Twitter to shower blessings on the baby girl.
“Bachchan parivaar ko bohot bohot badhaai. Unke ghar mein Lakshmi aayi. (Many congratulations to the Bachchan family. Lakshmi has come into their house),” wrote Mangeshkar, while Johar tweeted: “Congratulations!! Baby B had a baby girl!! @juniorbachchan!!! All the love and happiness…am sure she will be the prettiest girl ever!!!”
Arjun, a father of two daughters, posted: “Congratulations daddy cool @juniorbachchan and the coolest Dadaji @SrBachchan and the most beautiful mommy Ash and the lovely dadi Jayaji.”
Both Abhishek and Amitabh have thanked everyone for their wishes.
Aishwarya tied the knot with Abhishek in April 2007, and the event had grabbed a lot of media attention back then.
Ever since then, be it Aishwarya’s baby shower, Karva Chauth or Diwali — all such events at the Bachchan household attracted mass media coverage in the recent past. However, a 10-point advisory issued to TV channel heads by the Broadcasting Editor’s Association (BEA) curtailed the electronic news coverage regarding the high-profile childbirth.
Now, Amitabh is expected to address a press conference in Mumbai either Wednesday night or Thursday morning.
- Warm B-town welcome for Abhi-Ash's daugther - Nov 16, 2011
- Baby girl for Abhi-Ash - Nov 16, 2011
- Bachchans give huge fillip to the 'girl child' in India - Nov 23, 2011
- Got 2,843 congratulatory tweets in half-an-hour: Big B - Jun 22, 2011
- Big B denies controlling coverage of grandchild's birth - Nov 08, 2011
- Beti B quiet and cooperative, says 'Paa' Abhishek - Nov 22, 2011
- No breaking news of Ash's baby, skeleton coverage on TV - Nov 16, 2011
- Big B shocked to hear about Yuvraj (Movie Snippets) - Feb 06, 2012
- Bachchans upset with morphed pictures of newborn - Nov 19, 2011
- Bollywood ladies bless Ash at grand baby shower - Oct 19, 2011
- Amar Singh visits Bachchan family to wish them - Nov 16, 2011
- Abhi-Ash marriage: Big B reminisces gala evening - Apr 20, 2011
- Ash, baby doing great, tweets excited Abhishek - Nov 16, 2011
- Birthday wishes galore for 'witty' RGV - Apr 07, 2012
- B-town celebrates Christmas with family, friends - Dec 25, 2011
Tags: abhi ash, abhishek and aishwarya, amitabh bachchan, anupam kher, apoorva lakhia, arjun rampal, b singh, bipasha basu, bollywood celebrities, bunty walia, cutest baby, goldie behl, johar, lata mangeshkar, melody queen, prettiest girl, Samajwadi Party, shweta, sonali bendre, sonam kapoor