Abbas Tyrewala’s wife collapsed while shooting romantic songMay 25th, 2010 - 3:57 pm ICT by IANS
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, May 25 (IANS) Director Abbas Tyrewala’s wife Pakhi almost passed out while shooting for a romantic summer song for “1-800 Love” in London when the temperature dipped unexpectedly to a shivering winter-condition.
Recalling the incident, Tyrewala said: “This was global warming in reverse. We had planned the romantic song months in advance for May to capture the soft summer light and shades in London. Pakhi’s clothes had been designed accordingly.”
Once the shooting started, the weather began to act really strange. “No one had ever heard of such freezing conditions in summer (in London). It was bizarre,” said Tyrewala.
Pakhi was dressed in thin summer dresses.
“She had no choice. We had planned this as a summer song. She had to be dressed in backless dresses and noodle straps,” said Tyrewala.
As the temperature dipped, Pakhi collapsed.
“In fact, John, who joined Pakhi in the song two days later, told us it was too cold even for him although he was fully covered. We didn’t listen. We had no choice,” said the director who had earlier made hit romantic movie “Jaane Tu… Ya Jaane Na”.
The experience has taught Tyrewala that planning schedules according to the weather is no longer foolproof. “You could plan a summer shoot. And the weather conditions could turn wintry on as you, as they did on us.”
- The Frozen Treatment: Abbas Tyrewala's Wife Almost Passes Out In Unpredictable Climate - May 25, 2010
- No more romantic films: Abbas Tyrewala - Jan 13, 2011
- Abbas Tyrewala wants Ahmed Khan to add zing to film - Jul 11, 2010
- Wanted Ahmed Khan For John Abraham - Jul 09, 2010
- Colonial Snub: Abbas Tyrewala Scraps Rs. 1 Crore Michael Gracey Song - Apr 26, 2010
- It was always John Abraham for my film: Pakhi - Sep 09, 2010
- John Abraham faces biggest challenge on the sets of '1:800 Love' - Oct 24, 2009
- Pakhi wangles early entry into husband's film - Oct 22, 2010
- Kashmir shivers in freezing temperatures - Nov 26, 2011
- Pakhi Wants An Early Entry Into Husband’s Film - Oct 22, 2010
- Abbas Tyrewala's Next To Star John And Imran Khan! - Sep 29, 2010
- Not making 'Jaane Tu...' sequel: Abbas Tyrewala - Mar 13, 2012
- Britain braces for deep-freeze, snowy weekend - Feb 08, 2012
- John Abraham's Biggest Challenge As An Actor - Oct 23, 2009
- John gets romantic with Pakhi on Westminster Bridge - May 13, 2010