Abbas Tyrewala hires ‘The Hurt Locker’ art directorMarch 11th, 2010 - 5:24 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 11(IANS) Filmmaker Abbas Tyrewala has hired David Bryan, who was the supervising art director for multiple Oscar winning movie “The Hurt Locker”, to work on his next movie “1-800-Love”. The latter says working on a Bollywood movie is a great experience.
Bryan, who was widely praised for his life-like replication of the battle scarred streets of Iraq in Jordan for “The Hurt Locker”, is the production designer for “1-800-Love” that stars John Abraham and Tyrewala’s wife Pakhi in the leads.
Tyrewala wanted Bryan’s help in depicting the “real London” through his film.
“We wanted to portray the real London that is rarely seen. It’s an amazing city with very diverse locations. In particular, we were looking for a real iconic studio apartment for our lead actor John Abraham,” Bryan said in a press release.
In September last year, it was reported that traffic in London was blocked due to the film’s shooting. The crew shot for three nights at the iconic Tower Bridge, where the famous chase sequence from the movie “The Mummy” was shot. Boat traffic on Thames river was also restricted while the crew was shooting for the film.
Bryan is happy to collaborated with Tyrewala and his team. “Working with a Bollywood crew was a great experience, much more than on a similar British film,” he added.
Bryan’s first release after “The Hurt Locker” will be “1-800-Love”.
Apparently, Bryan persuaded Tyrewala to take him on as the production designer after showing him footage from “The Hurt Locker” and how he had recreated the streets of Iraq in the award winning film.
“1-800-Love”, the music for which is being composed by double Oscar winning maestro A.R. Rahman, is currently under post production and is expected to release in the second quarter of this year.
- John Abraham To Perform Dandiya Dance For Abbas Tyrewala - Jul 22, 2010
- John gets romantic with Pakhi on Westminster Bridge - May 13, 2010
- 'Jhootha Hi Sahi' release delayed as Rahman is busy - Oct 06, 2010
- Abhishek, Imran And Ritesh To Give Voive Cameos In 'Jhoota Hi Sahi' - Oct 11, 2010
- Abbas Tyrewala's wife collapsed while shooting romantic song - May 25, 2010
- Prashant Chawla debuts as John Abraham's co-star - Mar 03, 2010
- Abbas Tyrewala's Next To Star John And Imran Khan! - Sep 29, 2010
- John promotes 'Jhoota Hi Sahi' through 'MTV Roadies' - Aug 17, 2010
- Colonial Snub: Abbas Tyrewala Scraps Rs. 1 Crore Michael Gracey Song - Apr 26, 2010
- I want my hero to either win or die at the end: Abbas Tyrewala - Jan 01, 2010
- Pakhi Tyrewala Gets A Lip Job! - Sep 21, 2010
- Abbas Tyrewala Not Uncomfortable Shooting Wife's Love Scenes - May 29, 2010
- Abbas Tyrewala waits for Ayesha's mom to vacate his house - Dec 23, 2009
- Gupshup From Bollywood, This Week - Jul 07, 2010
- Pakhi wangles early entry into husband's film - Oct 22, 2010
Tags: abbas, actor john abraham, art director, boat traffic, british film, chase, film 1, filmmaker, john abraham, jordan, maestro, march 11, mummy, New Delhi, Press Release, replication, second quarter, studio apartment, thames river, tower bridge