Abba to reform for one-off show?January 4th, 2011 - 9:49 am ICT by IANS
London, Jan 4 (IANS) Popular Swedish pop group Abba could be set to reform after more than 30 years following claims by band member Agnetha Faltskog she would be keen to meet up and “perhaps perform together”.Faltskog - one fourth of the group alongside Anni-Frid Lyngstad, Bjorn Ulvaeus and Benny Andersson - has confirmed she would like to “chat” with her former bandmates about the possibility of doing a one-off show, despite previously hinting she did not want to revisit the past, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
The 60-year-old Swede said: “I feel it would be fun to meet, chat about the old days and perhaps perform together. We would not get together again for a tour like the Rolling Stones and some other old bands do. But I think we would all consider a one-off reunion, maybe for a good cause.”
Agnetha who has made three solo albums since splitting with the “Waterloo” hitmakers added she was “uninterested” in the idea of any further fame because of how high-profile she was a young adult.
“I am uninterested in appearing in newspapers and on television. Many people think that I am striking a pose - that I want to create a sense of shyness. But it’s just not something I want to do,” she said.
“I overdosed. When I was 15 I became a full-time singer in a band. At 18 I made my first record. When I was 25, Abba was formed. After Abba I made three solo albums. Maybe I have been productive enough,” she added.
In December, it was claimed the band that rose to fame on the Eurovision Song Contest in 1974 would perform at the royal wedding of Prince William and his fiancee Kate Middleton April 29.
- ABBA ladies planning musical reunion - Sep 29, 2010
- Half of Abba says 'why not' to one-off reunion gig - Mar 26, 2010
- ABBA's 1974 Eurovision Song Contest outfits to go on display - May 24, 2010
- Bjorn Ulvaeus, Anna-Frid 'Frida' Lyngstad to attend ABBA exhibition - Jan 22, 2010
- ABBA may reunite for one-off charity gig - Jan 03, 2011
- Abba's Agnetha hints at reunion - Jan 03, 2011
- ABBA's Ulvaeus accuses musical shows like 'X-Factor' of killing creativity - Aug 16, 2010
- Bjorn Ulvaeus says ABBA reunion would be a disappointment for fans - Apr 07, 2009
- ABBAs Faltskog and Lyngstad scotch disagreement rumours - Jan 24, 2009
- ABBA foursome reunite for Mamma Mia premiere but kept well apart - Jul 05, 2008
- ABBA museum to be opened in London - Jan 27, 2010
- ABBA singers appealing fans to vote for favourite song in tribute show - Sep 14, 2010
- ABBA surprised at UK Eurovision 'snub' - Jan 28, 2010
- Lyngstad once harboured regrets about singing in ABBA - Jan 28, 2010
- Tormented Agnetha Flatskog avoids ABBA bandmates at premiere - Jul 15, 2008
Tags: abba, agnetha faltskog, band member, bandmates, benny andersson, bjorn ulvaeus, eurovision song contest, fiancee kate, frid, hitmakers, kate middleton, london jan, pop group abba, prince william, royal wedding, shyness, singer in a band, solo albums, striking a pose, swedish pop group