‘Aashiqui 2′ will be family film, promises Mahesh BhattJuly 10th, 2012 - 1:58 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 10 (IANS) The romance in “Aashiqui 2″ will be “gentler” and the film will have a “U/A or U-certificate”, says filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt, who has of late been churning out erotic and violent dramas.
Directed by Mohit Suri, “Aashiqui 2″ features Shraddha Kapoor and Aditya Roy Kapoor. Scheduled for a Valentine’s Day release, the film’s shooting will commence from next month.
“I would say he (Suri) would perhaps be making a film which is certainly a U/A or U-certificate film. Because the theme is slightly mature, the romance will be more gentler with palatable scenes unlike ‘Murder 2′,” Bhatt told IANS.
“There will be people who will be reliving the romantic eras; they will come to check out how ‘Aashiqui 2′ has shaped up.”
Bhatt said Suri was making a product catering to “the constituency that always asks me why do I make only ‘Murder 2′, ‘Jism 2′, ‘Jannat 2′ - erotic films and not the kind of cinema that I used to make earlier like ‘Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahi’ and types.”
The filmmaker, known for serious meaningful cinema high on emotions like “Arth”, “Saraansh”, “Naam”, “Kaash” and “Daddy”, says that he was just following the thought process of new breed of filmmakers.
“I did not have this within my fold as I have filmmakers who wanted to venture into this part. Filmmakers decide what they want to make. So, after making ‘Raaz 2′, ‘Murder 2′, gory violent films, he (Suri) wants to now go to a completely virgin area of innocent, enduring love that families enjoy. That is the choice that Mohit has made,” said the 63-year-old.
- 'Aashiqui 2' about Mahesh Bhatt's first love - Feb 07, 2012
- 'Aashiqui 2' bold move by Vishesh Films: Rahul Roy - Jul 12, 2012
- 'Aashiqui 2' shooting to start from next month - Jul 04, 2012
- Mohit Suri to direct 'Aashiqui 2' with fresh faces - Feb 04, 2012
- 'Aashiqui 2' likely to release on Valentine's Day - Jul 08, 2012
- Mohit Suri blames talent hunt for 'Aashiqui 2' delay - Jul 07, 2012
- Mahesh Bhatt plans 'Murder' franchise - Jul 01, 2011
- Rahul Roy not keen to do special role in 'Ashiqui 2' - Aug 16, 2012
- I've said goodbye to direction: Mahesh Bhatt (Interview) - Apr 22, 2012
- Thanks to censor, tough time for filmmakers: Sanjay Suri - Jul 30, 2012
- Investing in newcomers not a risk: Mahesh Bhatt (Interview) - Sep 09, 2012
- Pooja Bhatt wants 'Jism 2' to be her 'Arth' - Jul 28, 2012
- 'Jism 2' for common man who understands erotica: Pooja - Jul 19, 2012
- Mohit not worried about matching music of 'Aashiqui' (Movie Snippets) - Jul 18, 2012
- 'I AM' telecast on DD only after U-certificate; Onir upset - Jul 06, 2012
Tags: aditya, constituency, emotions, enduring love, eras, erotic films, family film, filmmakers, jannat, jism, manta, murder 2, nahi, new breed, raaz, romance, suri, thought process, valentine s day, violent films