Aarushi murder case: Dr. Talwar released from jailJuly 12th, 2008 - 12:59 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, July 12 (ANI): Dr Rajesh Talwar, one of the accused in the killing of his daughter Aarushi, was released from Ghaziabad’’s Dasna Jail today.
Dr. Talwar came out of the Dasna jail after his relatives had completed the formalities of providing surety for the bail given by a local court. He had spent over 50 days in jail.
On Friday, Dr. Talwar got a bail after the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) gave him a clean chit and urged a special court in Ghaziabad to pass appropriate orders on his bail application.
The investigating agency said that there is no substantial evidence against the Talwars to establish that they were involved in the murder of their daughter. CBI Joint Director Arun Kumar told reporters at a press briefing: ””The Noida Police’’s charge that Rajesh Talwar was angry with his daughter as he had allegedly seen her in a ””””compromising”””” position was based on a statement made by one of the accused, Krishna, who had misled investigators but he later confessed to the crime in the narco test.
“Though the first polygraph test conducted on Talwar proved inconclusive, no deception was found in the second test. Nupur Talwar”’’s polygraph tests showed similar results,” he said.
He also took the names of Durranis” servant Rajkumar and another person Vijay Mandal of being involved in the crime.
Kumar said, while reconstructing the crime scene, Rajkumar, Krishna and Talwar”’’s domestic help Hemraj had consumed alcohol on the day of the murder and went to Aarushi”’’s room. They then gagged her and tried to sexually assault her.
Kumar and Krishna took Hemraj to the terrace and killed him following a clash between Rajkumar, Krishna and Hemraj in Aarushi”’’s room, he added.
Rajkumar, in his narco-analysis test, confessed that he and Krishna then went back to Aarushi”’’s room, hit her with a sharp object before slitting her throat, he added.
Talwar was arrested on May 23 a week after fourteen-year-old Aarushi was found dead with her throat slit in the Talwar house. The body of Hemraj was found on the terrace a day later. (ANI)
- Another night in jail for Nupur Talwar, bail decision Wednesday (Second Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Timeline of Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj killings (To go with 'Four years of a whodunit') - May 14, 2012
- Another night in jail for Nupur Talwar, bail order Wednesday (Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Court reserves order on Nupur Talwar's bail - May 01, 2012
- In courts on daughter's fourth death anniversary - May 16, 2012
- Aarushi-Hemraj murders - Timeline - Feb 09, 2011
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Aarushi-Hemraj murders: Four years of a whodunit - May 14, 2012
- Examine Aarushi murder witnesses by Sep 17, SC tells CBI - Aug 13, 2012
- Aarushi case: CBI gets notice on Talwars' plea (Lead) - Mar 26, 2012
- Expert forgets number of visits to Aarushi murder spot - Aug 28, 2012
- Aarushi case: Witness fails to answer defence queries - Aug 27, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Aarushi case: Defence counters CBI on seized pillow - Aug 29, 2012
- Rajesh Talwar advanced Haridwar visit: Witness - Sep 05, 2012
Tags: arun kumar, cbi, central bureau of investigation, clean chit, domestic help, formalities, investigating agency, krishna, local court, mandal, murder case, narco analysis test, narco test, noida, polygraph test, polygraph tests, rajesh, rajkumar, second test, substantial evidence