‘Aarakshan’ songs have universal appeal: JhaJune 1st, 2011 - 9:00 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 1 (IANS) Filmmaker Prakash Jha, known for making issue-based movies, praises the soundtrack of his upcoming film “Aarakshan”, about reservation issues, saying each song is unique and will strike a chord with the music lovers.
The album offers four songs “Mauka”, “Seedhe Point Pe”, “Saans Albeli” and “Roshanee” besides Gandhiji’s bhajan “Vaishnav Janto” and will be released on Sony Music.
“We’ve worked very hard on the songs and each song is unique. The singers have done a phenomenal job and each of them has spent a lot of time on their songs. We believe the soundtrack will definitely connect with the audiences at large as the songs are diverse and yet universal in appeal,” Jha said in a statement.
“We have also included Gandhiji’s bhajan ‘Vaishnav Janto’ that fits well with the personality of Prabhakar Anand, played by Mr. (Amitabh) Bachchan,” he added.
Composed by Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy, the album boasts of variety — from romantic song to patriotic to realistic numbers, it has everything.
Pt. Channu Lal Mishra has sung a duet with Shreya Ghoshal and it is expected to create the same magic that “Mora piya” from “Raajneeti” did last year. Mohit Chauhan, Mahalaxmi Iyer, Shankar, Tarun Sagar and Rehan have also sung songs for the movie.
“Prakash Jha Productions and Sony Music are both committed to bringing entertaining and quality music to audiences worldwide. We began our relationship with ‘Raajneeti’, and now with ‘Aarakshan’ we have cemented our ties,” said Jha.
- 'Kaun si dor' only gem in 'Aarakshan' music (IANS Music Review) - Jul 17, 2011
- Classical singer Channulal Misra makes Bollywood debut - Aug 10, 2011
- Prasoon Joshi turns composer for 'Aarakshan' - Jun 09, 2011
- After 'Vande mataram', Prakash Jha uses 'Vaishnav jan to' - May 30, 2011
- Working in India changed my approach towards music: Wayne Sharpe (Interview) (With Image) - Jul 31, 2011
- 'Raajneeti' soundtrack makes a mark with 'Mora piya' (IANS Music Review) - May 16, 2010
- John knows what women want! (Movie Snippets) - Aug 04, 2011
- Sony Music acquires rights of 'London, Paris, New York' - Jan 25, 2012
- 'Neethaane...' music hit, sold 1 lakh copies - Sep 10, 2012
- 'Aarakshan' about controversial reservation policies (IANS Preview) - Aug 08, 2011
- 'Damarukam' album satisfying, but lacks class (Telugu Music Review) - Sep 13, 2012
- Richa Sharma builds temple as tribute to parents - Mar 26, 2011
- The music album is composed keeping in mind the likes of the music lovers-Akriti Kakar - Apr 22, 2010
- A 'school' with Saif as music teacher, Big B as principal - Jul 29, 2011
- No intimacy between Saif, Deepika in 'Aarakshan': Jha - Feb 21, 2011
Tags: amitabh bachchan, anand, audiences, bhajan, gandhiji, lal, mahalaxmi iyer, mishra, music lovers, phenomenal job, piya, quality music, romantic song, saans, sagar, shankar ehsaan loy, sony music, universal appeal, upcoming film, vaishnav