Aamir’s east- west flavourMay 19th, 2009 - 7:57 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Aamir Khan is going from strength to strength.
After almost all his movies did well in B-Town, he’s all set to make more headaway in the west.
Chances are he might be paired opposite recent Oscar winner Kate Winslet in a film to be directed by Pan Nalin.
The story is reportedly an adaptation of legendary Pakistani playwright Saadat Hasan Manto’s short story “Toba Tek Singh’ which speaks about the comic situation inside an Indian mental asylum in 1947, when India and Pakistan were being created.
The buzz is that though nothing’s been confirmed yet, Aamir is already quite excited about the whole thing.
After all he’s turned on by intelligent stuff
Pan has already narrated the script to Aamir impressing him in the process and he’s keen on the movie.
That’s how a perfectionist is supposed to behave, it seems.
But work will start only when the bigger star in the scheme of things (well, that’s how it seems) gives a nod.
Pan Nalin has kept his option open too.
If Kate opts out then he will rope in “The Mummy’ and “The Constant Gardener’ actress Rachel Weisz for playing the role of Dr Sophie.
He’s said “Either Kate or Rachel will be doing my film. I will be meeting both of them after my Cannes trip to finalise the casting. Either of them will be able to do justice to this marvelous story.”
If all goes well, Aamir perfection would literally cross the seven seas. Watch this space for more.
- Aamir Khan to star with Kate Winslet? - May 21, 2009
- Manto now: Irrelevant for young, icon for others - May 10, 2012
- Solo theatre reflects on life and times of Manto (With Image) - May 12, 2012
- Now Saadat Hasan Manto's 'Toba Tek Singh' a play - Sep 06, 2011
- Years later, Mumbai digs up Manto's memories - May 10, 2012
- Manto, a forgotten man in his Punjab village - May 09, 2012
- Visiting father's birthplace fulfilled old desire: Manto's daughters - Sep 08, 2012
- Work hits Daniel Craig's personal life - Sep 05, 2012
- Rachel Weisz to star in 'The Railway Man' - Nov 26, 2011
- Actresses look sexier: Rachel Weisz - Aug 07, 2012
- Winslet forms anti-cosmetic surgery group - Aug 19, 2011
- Mendes, Biel and Weisz unveil directorial debuts - Oct 27, 2010
- Mendes, Biel and Weisz launch directorial debuts - Oct 28, 2010
- Pakistan's 'parachute politician' main draw at film fest - Sep 15, 2010
- Aamir Khan’s Love For A Red Light Area! - Jan 07, 2011
Tags: aamir khan, constant gardener, flavour, hasan, headaway, india and pakistan, kate winslet, marvelous story, mental asylum, mummy, opts, oscar winner, pan nalin, perfectionist, playwright, rachel weisz, saadat hasan manto, scheme of things, seven seas, strength to strength