Aamir to groove to western beats in ‘Ghajini’ (Film Snippets)November 15th, 2008 - 6:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 15 (IANS) Fans of Bollywood star Aamir Khan will be delighted to see the talented actor doing a completely western dance, a la “Koi Kahe kehta rahe” from the hit “Dil Chahta Hai”, in his forthcoming film “Ghajini”.“It was a task making Aamir dance to a song which was supposed to have western moves. But I was highly impressed to see his classic dance skills,” choreographer Ahmed Khan told IANS.
“It is a great song. It will definitely hit the charts and this is also my best work ever. I’m sure it will be appreciated,” he added.
Viewers have already tasted a sample of Aamir’s work with the song “Guzarish…” from “Ghajini” and are appreciating it for its simple yet classy choreography shot in Namibia.
Aamir has teamed with south Indian actress Asin for the film.
Sharmila helps daughter Soha with Bengali dialogues
Having done two Bengali films, Bollywood actress Soha Ali Khan still gets her mother veteran actress Sharmila Tagore to speak the dialogues for her to get the Bengali accent right.
“I can’t speak Bengali at all but I can understand it. It’s difficult because I have had to memorise my lines with much more effort. It’s a lot more work than required in Hindi and English films,” Soha told IANS.
“I get my mother to say all of my dialogues and I record them and listen to them later to better my accent,” she added.
The actress was seen in Anjan Das’s “Iti Srikanta” and in Rituparno Ghosh’s “Antar Mahal”. She is now doing another Bengali project with Aparna Sen.
“I’m doing ‘Goinar Baksho’ (The Jewellery Box) with Aparna ji. It’s a film that we have been planning to make since a long time and finally the dates and stuff have been decided. Am really excited, it’s a lovely script,” Soha said.
Gracy Singh hopes to get roles like Rekha, Hema Malini
Bollywood actress Gracy Singh of “Lagaan” fame says she wants to play a role like veteran actors Rekha and Hema Malini played in hit films “Khoobsurat” and “Seeta Aur Geeta” respectively.
“I would love to play a role like Hema ji played in ‘Seeta Aur Geeta’ and something like what Rekha ji played in ‘Khoobsurat’ if I am offered such roles ever,” Gracy said.
“I was impressed by their roles and would want to act like them in case I am provided such an opportunity,” she added.
Both “Khoobsurat” and “Seeta Aur Geeta” are evergreen comic capers and Rekha and Hema gave outstanding performances in their respective films.
These days, Gracy has been busy promoting her controversial film “Deshdrohi”, which has been banned in Maharashtra for two months.
- I worked hard to maintain 'Dreamgirl' tag: Hema Malini - Nov 22, 2011
- Big heroines don't need item numbers: Hema Malini - Jun 04, 2012
- I miss classical dance in today's films: Hema Malini (Interview) - Oct 21, 2011
- Katrina Kaif’s Double Role Dream Comes True Through Dibakar Banerjee’s Next Film - Jan 20, 2011
- Dual roles back in B-town: One ticket, double mazaa - Jun 20, 2012
- Dharamji's honour was long due: Hema Malini - Jan 25, 2012
- Padma Bhushan great, but late for dad: Ahana Deol - Jan 25, 2012
- Wave of women-centric films a welcome trend - Mar 07, 2011
- Priyanka pays tribute to Rekha at IIFA - Jun 10, 2012
- Akshay Kumar To Be Cast In Remake Of 'Seeta Aur Geeta' Opposite Katrina - Jan 24, 2011
- Soha's 'Sahib...' look modelled on Sharmila's 'Anupama' - Feb 22, 2012
- Madhoo to turn director by next year - Jul 06, 2012
- Karishma will well reprise my 'Satte Pe Satta' role: Hema Malini - Aug 02, 2011
- I had a superb time directing Dharamji: Hema Malini (Interview) - Dec 28, 2010
- Best Onscreen Bollywood Couples Over The Years - Jan 25, 2011