Aamir thanks Akshat, Abhinay for ‘Delhi Belly’ successJuly 7th, 2011 - 1:50 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 7 (IANS) “Delhi Belly” has rocked the box office and an overhwlemd Aamir Khan, the producer of the adult comedy, gives maximum credit to writer Akshat Verma and director Abhinay Deo for delivering such an entertaining film.
Aamir enjoyed the public reaction in person by sneaking into different theatres in the city.
“Well, I am very happy to see that people are loving this film so much. I am going from theatre to theatre to see public reaction. It’s amazing to see houseful audiences laughing, whistling in the halls,” Aamir told reporters at the success bash here Wednesday night.
“The work that Akshat, Abhinay has done is praise worthy and the actors too pulled off their vision very well. I am thankful to them for giving such a wonderful film,” he added.
If the film is produced by Aamir, the youth-centric bold drama stars his nephew Imran in the lead role along with Vir Das and Kunal Roy Kapoor. Made at a budget of Rs.25 crore the film triumphed in the opening weekend by grossing over Rs.26 crore.
At the bash, Aamir walked up to every table and introduced all crewmembers and thanked them personally for making the film so successful.
Buoyed by the success of “Delhi Belly”, Aamir now wants to experiment with more unique ideas.
“I have always experiment with films so whenever I venture for films I make sure I don’t repeat myself. Every time I want to challenge myself doing unique films,” said the 46-year-old filmmaker who produced films like “Peepli Live”, “Dhobi Ghat”, “Taare Zameen Par”, “Jaane Tu… Ya Jaane Na” and “Lagaan”.
The invitees at the party were friends and families of Aamir as well as the crew members of the film.
Actor Anil Kapoor and screenplay writer Prasoon Joshi were spotted, but they only came to meet Aamir and didn’t interact with the media.
Surprisingly Aamir’s filmmaker wife Kiran Rao was also missing. When asked about her, Aamir said, “She is not in town.”
- Not writing 'Delhi Belly 2': Kiran Rao - Oct 21, 2011
- 'Delhi Belly' item number situational, not promotional: Aamir (Interview) - Jun 30, 2011
- In Ram Sampat, I predict that a star is born: Aamir Khan - May 29, 2011
- 'D.K. Bose' is an anthem now: Kiran Rao - Jun 04, 2011
- 'Delhi Belly' set for Hong Kong release - May 08, 2012
- 'Delhi Belly' for adults, but there is no skin show: Aamir Khan - May 13, 2011
- Aamir throws a bash to celebrate 'DK Bose' success - Jun 03, 2011
- 'Delhi Belly' adult tag Aamir's publicity gimmick: Mahesh Bhatt - Jun 28, 2011
- I wanted to reinvent use of music in films: Ram Sampath - Jun 17, 2011
- 'Delhi Belly' budget on higher side, I'm worried: Aamir - May 13, 2011
- 'Dhobi Ghat' makes it official - Aamir Khan is different! - Jan 22, 2011
- Imran Khan wants Katrina for 'Delhi Belly' item number (With images) - May 17, 2011
- I had to fight with Aamir Khan to protect my script: Kiran Rao - Aug 02, 2012
- No plans for 'Delhi Belly' sequel: Aamir Khan - Oct 22, 2011
- 'Delhi Belly' was Imran's after four screen tests - Jun 24, 2011
Tags: aamir khan, adult comedy, anil kapoor, audiences, crew members, delhi belly, deo, dhobi, film actor, filmmaker, imran, invitees, kunal, lead role, maximum credit, nephew, prasoon joshi, screenplay writer, vir, wednesday night