Aamir lived on egg whites for ‘Ghajini’ look: physical trainerDecember 21st, 2008 - 10:22 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 21 (IANS) Ever thought of living on egg whites for 13 months? Well, Bollywood actor Aamir Khan did just that to get his chiselled look for “Ghajini”.The “perfectionist” actor went on a daily four-hour workout regime to boost his muscle growth and consumed protein-rich in albumen (egg white) to tone up his body, his trainer says.
“Aamir had a lot of fat content in his body earlier and it was very necessary to convert it into muscle through protein diet. For that, I made him follow a proportionate balanced diet daily containing 40 percent carbohydrates, 40 percent protein and 20 percent fat,” Satyajit ‘Satya’ Chaurasia, who trained the actor for the film, told IANS.
“Aamir’s body is mostly made on eggs as he used to have 16 egg whites through the day. I advised him to follow a two-egg whites and toast meal every two hours. Besides that, he also consumed 250 gram barbecued chicken for lunch and dinner each,” Chaurasia added.
The eating part though didn’t end here as there were more workout-eating sessions for the actor.
“He used to consume food supplements like amino acids and protein shakes after exercises,” he informed.
Aamir also had to adopt a disciplinary regimen.
“He had to give up on oil, sugar and alcohol consumption and late night parties as I strictly asked him to sleep for eight hours at a stretch before workouts,” said Chaurasia.
“He used to message me before sleeping every night depending on whenever he got to go to bed so that I could be at his place accordingly the next day.”
The actor’s much talked about eight-pack abs were not the result of working out in a professional gym but a mini-version of the same built in his garage.
“It would have taken more than an a hour and a half for Aamir to reach my gym, which is in Lokhandwala from his home in Bandra, so we decided to make a gym in his garage itself.
“However, when his body started showing good results in three months, I set up professional tools for him ordered from renowned company Tough Stuff from the US worth Rs.2.5 million,” he said.
Elaborating on Aamir’s workout regime, Chaurasia said: “We used to work on two body parts in a day for around 1.5-2 hours followed by 45 minutes of cardio exercises. We divided the days between chest and back for day one, arms - biceps and triceps - on day two, shoulder and legs on the third and full body rest on day four. We used to repeat the same schedule consecutively”.
Getting the actor to achieve the look was not a cakewalk for Chaurasia, who now thinks to have achieved “the impossible”.
“Aamir told me to help him build the best body that nobody’s ever seen and after watching the results, I think I have achieved what is next to impossible.
“He has a lot of muscle count now vis-a-vis earlier and the day we reached around 1,000 stomach crunches in 55 minutes, I was on cloud nine,” he shared..
On being asked what Aamir’s reaction was at the end of it, Chaurasia said: “Considering his perfectionist attitude, Aamir looked at his body and after a pause just said ‘it could have been better’.”
Chaurasia’s celebrity clientele also includes a host of other actors like Rani Mukerji, Saif Ali Khan, Esha Deol, Hrithik Roshan, Zayed Khan, Viveik Oberoi, Sonu Sood and Shekhar Suman.
- Building your body? Take protein supplements - Dec 14, 2011
- Shahid sculpts eight-pack abs for 'Chance Pe Dance' - Dec 01, 2009
- Work hard for a fit body: John Abraham - Sep 26, 2011
- Anthony Hopkins praises Chris hemsworth - Sep 16, 2010
- Serious about gyming? Read Arnold Schwarzenegger, says Aamir - May 17, 2010
- 'Dabangg' is turning point in my career: Sonu Sood - Oct 05, 2010
- Ramzan helps Iqbal stay fit - Aug 24, 2010
- Vijay's regime for the tough look - Jan 25, 2010
- Aamir Khan Gets More Than 70,000 Followers In Twitter Within 2 Days - Jul 02, 2010
- Aamir Khan: Down The Memory Lane With Favorite Childhood Flicks - Jan 17, 2011
- Can't really call Aamir my lucky mascot: Sharman (Film Snippets) - Jul 18, 2010
- Steroids can kill: Dark side of body building (Health Feature) - Jul 13, 2012
- Weight warning: Avoid crash diets - Jun 13, 2011
- I want to be fit, not all muscles: Anil Kapoor - May 01, 2012
- Hilary Duff Tones Down For Her Dream Wedding - Aug 16, 2010