Aamir launches third PVR multiplex in MumbaiMay 17th, 2008 - 5:27 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, May 17 (IANS) Bollywood star Aamir Khan, who usually stays away from public functions, and director Rakeysh Mehra inaugurated PVR Cinemas’ third multiplex in the city that boasts of state-of-the-art facilities. The latest promo of Aamir Khan Productions’ “Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na”, starring the actor’s nephew Imraan Khan, was screened at the new six-screen multiplex at Goregaon that has a capacity of 1,782 seats. PVR Cinemas owners Ajay and Sanjeev Bijli, are the film’s co-producers.
“We are proud to open our new multiplex at Goregaon. This is our third multiplex in Mumbai and we remain committed to serving the entertainment needs of all our patrons in Mumbai. With six-screens and a total capacity of 1,782 seats, we will make the cinema viewing experience of every Mumbai moviegoer memorable,” Ajay Bijli said in a statement.
The new PVR will have many customer-friendly features including a ‘Kids Play Section’, a candy bar designed like an island, ample leg room in the hall and swanky interiors, the statement added.
PVR, one of India’s largest entertainment firms, currently operates 22 cinema halls with a total of 84 screens spread over 14 cities.
The company also operates a film distribution and production business through its fully-owned subsidiary PVR Pictures.
“Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na”, which also stars Genelia D Souza, is the first directorial venture of Abbas Tyrewala, who already has to his credit great scripts like “Main Hoon Na”, “Maqbool” and “Munnabhai MBBS”.
Aamir is leaving no stone unturned to ensure a perfect launch for his nephew Imraan and has been present at various stages of the film’s production.
- Aamir thanks Akshat, Abhinay for 'Delhi Belly' success - Jul 07, 2011
- Hema Malini won't mind giving 'Dream Girl' tag to Ash (Movie Snippets) - Jun 24, 2011
- 'Dhobi Ghat' displays Mumbai's myriad colours (Movie Preview) - Jan 17, 2011
- Not making 'Jaane Tu...' sequel: Abbas Tyrewala - Mar 13, 2012
- No pre-release jitters for Imran Khan - Feb 06, 2012
- 'My Friend Pinto' tribute to all comedians: Prateik - Oct 01, 2011
- PVR to have own infrastructure to distribute Indian films abroad - Jul 26, 2010
- Prateik Babbar’s Dhobi Ghat Act An Ode To Salman Khan - Jan 03, 2011
- Prateik excited about first comedy - Sep 28, 2011
- PVR sets foot in eastern India, opens multiplex in Howrah - Feb 09, 2012
- 'Nattha' of 'Peepli Live' meets Deepika Padukone in Mumbai - Aug 07, 2010
- 'Dhobi Ghat' makes it official - Aamir Khan is different! - Jan 22, 2011
- Aamir can't have enough of Salman - Jan 03, 2011
- Aamir wants wife Kiran in limelight for 'Dhobi Ghat' - Nov 13, 2010
- Prateik Babbar bags role in Bhansali's next project - Sep 30, 2009
Tags: aamir khan, abbas, ajay, art facilities, candy bar, cinema halls, directorial venture, film distribution, genelia, genelia d souza, goregaon, launch, leg room, nephew, patrons, production business, public functions, sanjeev, screen multiplex, ya