Aamir hopes ‘Taare…’ has strong impact on Oscar jurySeptember 20th, 2008 - 11:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 20(IANS) Though Bollywood actor Aamir Khan’s “Lagaan” failed to win the Oscar award for the best foreign film in 2002, the actor hopes his maiden directorial venture “Taare Zameen Par”, nominated this year, has a strong impact on the Oscar’s jury members.“I’m really happy that ‘Taare Zameen Par’ has been selected to represent India at an international forum like the Oscars,” Aamir said in a release.
“It is a film that is extremely close to my heart. It’s a film that first sensitised me as a parent and as a person and then went on to have same effect on the audience in India and across the globe. I hope that it has an equally strong impact on the members of the Academy as well,” he added.
The release was issued following a 10-member jury set up by the Film Federation of India (FFI) announced the nomination in Mumbai Saturday.
The film, starring child actor Darsheel Safary gained a gross box office of Rs.1.35 billion. It narrates the story of an eight-year-old dyslexic boy and how a teacher, played by Aamir, helps him emerge out of the situation.
The movie was jointly produced by Aamir Khan Productions and PVR Pictures and released in December 2007 and was widely lauded for impeccable acting, direction and screenplay.
- Darsheel out of 'Jhalak Dikkhla Jaa 5' - Sep 01, 2012
- Darsheel turns 15, spends birthday in Sri Lanka (With Image) - Mar 09, 2011
- Special honour to represent India at Oscars: Aamir Khan - Sep 25, 2010
- Darsheel will always be my superhero: Aamir (With Images) - Apr 21, 2011
- Lack of star power mars Darsheel-starrer 'Bumm Bumm Bole' - May 17, 2010
- Jackie Chan's stunt director trained Darsheel (With Images) - Mar 29, 2011
- Darsheel impresses LA audiences with superhero act in 'Zokkomon' - Apr 25, 2011
- Looking forward to the day when Salman gets married: Aamir - Mar 14, 2011
- Honoured to be part of Berlin film festival jury: Aamir - Feb 03, 2011
- Aamir Khan Takes A Keen Interest In Darsheel's Release - May 14, 2010
- Aamir wants wife Kiran in limelight for 'Dhobi Ghat' - Nov 13, 2010
- I want Aamir uncle to be proud of me: Darsheel - May 14, 2010
- 'Taare Zameen Par' is India's Oscar entry (Lead) - Sep 20, 2008
- Children's films: Bollywood wakes up from its slumber (Nov 14 is Children's Day) - Nov 12, 2011
- Walt Disney brings 'Taare Zameen Par' to America on DVD/CD (With Images) - Jan 11, 2010