Aamir honours Audrey HepburnMay 7th, 2009 - 5:29 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Audrey Hepburn’s considered a great actress, humanitarian and a style icon worldwide. Till date the classic actress remains an all time favorite of many.
Our very perfectionist Aamir Khan has turned out to be one of her fans. Reportedly Aamir is a self-confessed fan of the late talented and beautiful actress and her movies, “Roman Holiday’, “Sabrina’, “Breakfast at Tiffany’s’ and “My Fair Lady’.
Reportedly the actor- producer- director took a short break from his holiday with kids in the UK and flew off to Berlin for a special screening of his film “Taare Zameen Par’ at Audrey Hepburn’s 80th birth anniversary on May 4th .
The buzz is that the actor was invited especially to grace the occasion by the son of the legendary actress, Sean Hepburn Ferrer who’s also written the book on her ” Audrey Hepburn- An Elegant spirit’ and continues her humanitarian work.
Reportedly Aamir got a mail from Sean asking him to showcase “Taare Zameen Par’ as a part of the actress’s birthday celebrations and Aamir happily obliged.
The break from the holiday was worth it because it meant a bigger international audience would turn up to watch the film which has already won many hearts.
For the unawares, Hepburn, began working with UNICEF in the 1950s and dedicated more and more of her time to the organization in the last four years of her life. She’s as much known for her work as the UNICEF International Goodwill Ambassador as for her films. After her death in the year 1993, her family made a trust with the name, “The Audrey Hepburn Children’s Fund’.
“Taare Zameen Par’ was chosen for screening at Hepburn’s birth anniversary. The movie was selected because of its subject, which dealt with a child suffering from dyslexia. And according to Hepburn’s family members, she considered this as a crucial issue since she herself worked with such kids. Must say this is one B-Town actor who proves again and again that his work is worthier than many of his counterparts.
- Sanjay Suri back with film on stifled childhood - Apr 28, 2012
- Darsheel will always be my superhero: Aamir (With Images) - Apr 21, 2011
- Lot to be done to address malnutrition: Aamir Khan - Nov 30, 2011
- Emma Thompson Finds Audrey Hepburn "Fantastically Twee" - Aug 14, 2010
- Aamir regards uncle Nasir Hussain as guru - Sep 05, 2010
- Aamir Khan goes bold with 'Delhi Belly' (IANS Preview) - Jun 28, 2011
- Aamir thanks Akshat, Abhinay for 'Delhi Belly' success - Jul 07, 2011
- Is Angelina Jolie A Mixture Of Elizabeth Taylor And Audrey Hepburn? - Dec 04, 2010
- Special presentation on 'Taare...' at Unesco headquarters - Feb 02, 2010
- Aamir doesn't interfere: Abhinay Deo - May 08, 2011
- Rare diseases are now highlighted by Indian cinema - Apr 10, 2012
- 'Nattha' of 'Peepli Live' meets Deepika Padukone in Mumbai - Aug 07, 2010
- 'Paathshaala' is about the education system: Director (With Images) - Apr 06, 2010
- What's dyslexia? Court tells petitioner to watch 'Taare Zameen Par' - Jan 07, 2010
- Aamir Khan Takes A Keen Interest In Darsheel's Release - May 14, 2010
Tags: aamir khan, audrey hepburn, birth anniversary, birthday celebrations, breakfast at tiffany, classic actress, goodwill ambassador, hepburn audrey, holiday with kids, humanitarian work, international audience, international goodwill, legendary actress, mail, my fair lady, roman holiday, sean hepburn ferrer, style icon, taare zameen par, unicef international