Aamir doesn’t interfere: Abhinay DeoMay 8th, 2011 - 1:02 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 7 (IANS) Aamir Khan got caught up in controversies in his films “Taare Zameen Par”, “3 Idiots” and “Peepli Live”. But director Abhinay Deo, who has helmed “Delhi Belly”, says the actor-producer is non-interfering.
“I can’t speak for others, but as for my experience with Aamir, it has been one of the most incredible as far as the knowledge or even professionalism is concerned,” Deo told IANS.
Earlier, Aamir took over the direction of “Taare Zameen Par” from writer Amole Gupte, after which he got embroiled in a credit issue with writer Chetan Bhagat for “3 Idiots”, which was said to have been inspired by the popular author’s book “Five Point Someone”.
Even journalist-turned-director Anusha Rizvi, who made “Peepli Live”, felt dominated by Aamir’s promotional overdrive when the film was chosen as India’s official entry at the Oscars last year. But Deo, whose “Game” didn’t make too much noise at the box office, is all praises for Aamir.
“Where Aamir is concerned, I have few words to explain that man - he is such an accomplished director, an actor first, and an outstanding producer. He is somebody who doesn’t interfere, even if that is contrary to belief,” he said.
Deo, an accomplished ad filmmaker, says he is lucky that he started his Bollywood stint with producers like Ritesh Sidhwani and Farhan Akhtar of Excel Entertainment and Aamir.
“I am glad I have got to work with two of the best producers of the industry. Neither was strict. And neither were lenient. Both were incredibly professional. Ritesh and Farhan have proven over and over again that they are very creative and these guys let the director have everything that he demands. So does Aamir,” added Deo.
- Aamir's TV show delays 'Talaash' release - Mar 14, 2012
- Aamir thanks Akshat, Abhinay for 'Delhi Belly' success - Jul 07, 2011
- Peepli Live In Trouble! - Oct 20, 2010
- Working with new directors learning experience: Ritesh Sidhwani - Jun 05, 2012
- After 10 years, Farah Khan teams up with Aamir again - Jan 13, 2011
- Amir to start shooting next February - Nov 05, 2010
- 'Delhi Belly' budget on higher side, I'm worried: Aamir - May 13, 2011
- In Ram Sampat, I predict that a star is born: Aamir Khan - May 29, 2011
- Writers, directors share maximum credit for my success: Aamir - Jul 05, 2011
- Khan is all Praises for Khan In Bollywood - Aug 17, 2010
- Aamir is 'Mr.Midas touch', says Salman - Aug 11, 2010
- Abhishek's 'Game' to release on Fools' Day - Jan 28, 2011
- 'Dhobi Ghat' makes it official - Aamir Khan is different! - Jan 22, 2011
- Looking forward to the day when Salman gets married: Aamir - Mar 14, 2011
- Shreyas showers praise on Parineeti (Movie Snippets) - Apr 12, 2012
Tags: aamir khan, ad filmmaker, anusha, belief, box office, controversies, delhi belly, few words, films, game, India, journalist, New Delhi, oscars, overdrive, praises, producers, professionalism, rizvi, stint