Aamir doesn’t have time to babysit me: Imran (Film Snippets)July 6th, 2010 - 1:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 6 (IANS) He might be basking in the success of his recent hit “I Hate Luv Storys” but Bollywood’s chocolate boy Imran Khan rues the absence of superstar uncle Aamir Khan in his career.
“Aamir is really busy with his own career. He is generally very caught up with his own work. Being busy as he is, he really doesn’t have the time to babysit me,” Imran told IANS.
The 27-year-old shone to glory with his launch vehicle “Jaane Tu… Ya Jaane Na” produced by his maternal uncle. He, however, saw failures in future outings “Kidnap” and “Luck”.
Asked if something was in the pipeline for the nephew-uncle duo to star together, Imran said: “Nothing on the cards right now. In life, if something good comes up, I’m sure we’ll do it.”
Tigmanshu Dhulia moves on from ‘Paan Singh Tomar’
His biopic on soldier-turned-athlete-turned-bandit “Paan Singh Tomar” might be still awaiting a release but director Tigmanshu Dhulia has moved on to two more projects - a love story and a film on boxing.
“My next film is called ‘Milan Talkies’ and it’s a small time love story produced by UTV. We have just signed Prateik Babbar for the lead and we are yet to decide someone for the female lead,” Dhulia told IANS.
“Then there’s another film I am doing which is called ‘Bhiwani’. It is on boxing. The script for the same will take sometime as of now but when I heard the idea, I liked it and so I’ll make it,” he added.
No takers for meaningful cinema: Mithun Chakraborty
Veteran actor Mithun Chakraborty is upset that of small-budget meaningful films in India find “no takers”.
“I tried doing films apart from commercial ones but the depressing part is there are no takers for meaningful cinema today,” Mithun told IANS.
“It is not that we (actors) are not willing to do such movies… take for example I did a film called ‘Phir Kabhi’ but unfortunately it never got released,” he added.
A love story of a couple in their twilight years, “Phir Kabhi” also stars Dimple Kapadia.
The three-time national award winning star, also known as Mithun da, has worked in critically-acclaimed movies like “Mrigaya”, “Tahader Katha”, “Swami Vivekananda”, “Agneepath”, “Jallad”, “Guru” and “Shukno Lanka” to name a few.
- Dhulia to shoot 'Milan Talkies' in February - Aug 13, 2012
- Rani hasn't said yes for Begum Samru role: Dhulia - Apr 14, 2012
- Dhulia to direct Indian adaptation of 'Hamlet' - May 14, 2012
- FIR against 'Paan Singh Tomar' director - Feb 28, 2012
- Independent films can help tackle issues: Dhulia - Aug 22, 2012
- Former athletes wanted money to talk about Paan Singh: Irrfan Khan - Feb 18, 2012
- Tigmanshu Dhulia makes acting debut with 'Gangs of Wasseypur' - May 03, 2012
- Big B praises 'Paan Singh Tomar', calls it true biopic - Mar 04, 2012
- 'Paan Singh Tomar' earns Rs.4.25 crore over weekend - Mar 05, 2012
- Paan Singh Tomar To Premiere At London Film Festival - Sep 17, 2010
- Being a Khan doesn't guarantee success: Irrfan - Apr 16, 2012
- Prateik opts out of 'Milan Talkies' - Mar 29, 2012
- Saif turns action hero in 'Bullet Raja' - Aug 11, 2012
- 'Paan Singh Tomar' a rare cinematic treat (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Mar 03, 2012
- People from outside Mumbai are very rooted: Tigmanshu Dhulia (Interview) - Aug 16, 2012
Tags: aamir khan, babbar, bandit, biopic, chocolate boy, cinema today, launch vehicle, love story, maternal uncle, mithun chakraborty, nephew, paan, rues, small time, snippets, storys, talkies, tigmanshu dhulia, utv, veteran actor