Aamir asks Nitish Kumar to popularise generic medicinesAugust 3rd, 2012 - 7:26 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Aug 3 (IANS) Bollywood star Aamir Khan has urged Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to make available generic medicines in the state widely.
Aamir had first highlighted the issue on his TV show “Satyamev Jayate”.
An official in the chief minister’s office Friday said Aamir had written a letter to Nitish Kumar in this connection.
“I urge you to work towards bringing about this dynamic revolution of making generic medicines easily available across the state of Bihar,” Aamir said in his letter to Nitish Kumar.
An official in the health department said Aamir requested Nitish Kumar after Health Minister Ashwani Kumar Choubey sought the actor’s help in creating awareness and popularise generic medicines among the people.
Aamir said in his letter that generic medicines would make a huge difference to the middle class, lower middle class and the poor.
Aamir wrote to Nitish Kumar that Rs.35,000 crore of generic medicine manufactured in India were exported annually to other countries.
Choubey said the Bihar government had already decided to provide generic medicines in all government hospitals and health centres, but the policy was yet to be implemented.
Aamir had also met Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot after hosting a show on the issue and urged him to take steps to curb incidents of female foeticide in the state.
- Bihar seeks Aamir's help to popularise generic medicines - Jul 08, 2012
- Aamir Khan to meet Gehlot over female foeticide - May 09, 2012
- Aamir meets Gehlot, discusses female foeticide - May 09, 2012
- Gehlot, Aamir meet to discuss female foeticide (Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Post 'Satyamev Jayate' Aamir to meet Gehlot - May 07, 2012
- Rajasthan cracks down on sonography centres - May 10, 2012
- Special police station to probe Rajasthan foeticide cases - Sep 17, 2012
- Concept of marriage has changed for better: Aamir Khan - Jul 01, 2012
- Post Aamir, Rajasthan for policy to save girl child - May 11, 2012
- Now, Maharashtra seeks Aamir's support for girl child - May 11, 2012
- Gehlot promises Aamir war on foeticide (Evening Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Declare killer disease an epidemic, says Bihar - Jun 11, 2012
- Few takers for Sushil Modi's claim that Nitish PM material - Sep 03, 2012
- Aamir's 'Satyamev...' ends with aplomb - Jul 29, 2012
- 'Satyamev Jayate' grows more popular than Aamir! - May 14, 2012
Tags: aamir khan, ashok, ashwani, bihar government, bollywood star, chief minister, crore, female foeticide, generic medicine, generic medicines, government hospitals, health centres, health department, health minister, India, medicine, middle class, tv show