Aamir Ali wants to do romantic shows with girlfriend SanjeedaJune 23rd, 2009 - 2:52 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 23 (IANS) Television actor Aamir Ali wants to team up with his actress girlfriend Sanjeeda Sheikh for romantic television shows, but isn’t thinking about marriage right now.
“I’m looking forward to share screen space with Sanjeeda… I want to do romantic shows with her. Hopefully, we will work together soon,” Aamir told IANS on phone from Mumbai.
Aamir, who started his acting career with Ekta Kapoor’s popular soap “Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii”, hasn’t yet got a chance to star with Sanjeeda, except for the third season of dance reality TV show “Nach Baliye”, which the two won.
On being asked about his marriage plans with Sanjeeda, he said: “No idea”.
Aamir has made a comeback of sorts with Sony TV’s comedy show “Bhaskar Bharti”. In the series, about a man turned into a woman, Aamir plays the role of a photographer.
“After two hardcore romantic shows, I decided to do ‘Bhaskar Bharti’. It is a fun show. It is very different and interesting because it’s a remix of comedy and romance,” said the actor who was last seen in romantic shows like “Kya Dill Mein Hai” and “Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki”.
Aamir also tried his luck in Hindi films with “Yeh Kya Ho Raha Hai” (2002), but it sank without a trace. He now says that he is happy doing television.
“I would say wherever you work, you should perform well first… if something exciting comes my way from Bollywood, I will take it up,” he said.
- Aamir Ali set for TV comeback in comic avatar - Mar 26, 2011
- Aamir Ali is a good boyfriend: Sanjeeda Sheikh (With Images) - Jun 22, 2011
- 'Pavitra Rishta', 'Pratigya', 'Taarak Mehta' lead Apsara awards nomination - Jan 06, 2011
- Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki: TV Sees End Of A Long-Running Series - Dec 09, 2010
- My role in 'Honge Juda...' not cameo, says Aamir - Sep 19, 2012
- Apsara Film And Television Producers Guild Awards Ceremony To Be Held On January 11 - Jan 07, 2011
- Aamir's proposal was the moment of my life: Sanjeeda (With Images) - Jan 11, 2012
- Is Zara Nachke.. to be blamed for Aamir-Sanjeeda split? - Mar 15, 2010
- Acting was no longer a challenge: Prashant Bhatt - May 17, 2012
- No place for simple people in TV industry: Smita Singh - Nov 04, 2011
- Sanjeeda, Aamir to tie knot Friday - Mar 01, 2012
- Image trap doesn't bother Karan Grover (With Images) - Feb 27, 2012
- My productions are not gender-biased: Ekta Kapoor - Dec 08, 2011
- Content getting worse on television: Krutika Desai - Sep 25, 2010
- Aamir-Sanjeeda in demand - Nov 10, 2009
Tags: aamir ali, acting career, bharti, bollywood, comedy show, dill, ekta kapoor, fun show, hindi films, marriage plans, raha, reality tv show, screen space, sheikh, sony tv, television actor, television shows, third season, woh rehne waali mehlon ki, yeh kya ho raha hai