A Very Special 61th Birthday Gift For JayaApril 9th, 2009 - 12:53 am ICT by Sampurn Wire
By Subhash K Jha
On April 9 when Jaya Bachchan turns 61, the makers of her new film tentatively titled Chaassni have planned a very special surprise for her.
They’ve decided to pre-pone the commencement of the film’s shooting by a month to coincide with Jaya’s birthday.
Divulging details reluctantly the film’s softspoken director Revathy Varma(not to be confused with Revathy the Tamil actress-turned-director ) says, “Yes, we’ve quickened the process of starting the film. April 9 is a very auspicious day. And my film is about honouring and giving a respectable place to the aged in our society. So what better proof of the film’s intentions than to dedicate it to Jayaji’s 60th birthday?”
The pre-ponement has been quick and sudden.
Raveena Tandon who plays a pivotal role is totally taken aback. “I thought the shooting was supposed to start in May This is the first time I’m hearing about the April 9 shoot. But I’m happy. We’re all fans of Jayaji. And the film is about making her character happy.”
Adds Revathy, “We’re doing just a brief shooting on April 9 . Then we have a detailed schedule.”
The film already made in Tamil entitled June R was based on the director’s own life. “I adopted a mother from a foster-home. She’s no more. But the love she gave me has given birth to Jayaji’s character in the film.”
Revathy is planning it as a full-on commercial film with songs composed by Salim-Suleiman. “They can give a contemporary feel to the project.”
The Tamil veteran actress Saritha had played the pivotal role in the original.
Says Revathy, “The Hindi version will be radically different from the Tamil. I’ve just taken the core of my Tamil film and re-written it completely in Hindi.”
Ayesha Takiya plays Jaya Bachchan’s daughter in the Hindi version. Jaya whose on-screen chemistry with her makebelieve daughters from Karisma Kapoor on Fiza to Preity Zinta in Kal Ho Na Ho has always been extra-special, looks forward to getting motherly with the newly-married Takiya girl. -Sampurn Media
- Jaya Bachchan's birthday gift - a movie launch - Apr 08, 2009
- Madhavan gets Rs.10 mn for small part in Jaya-starrer - Sep 06, 2009
- Bollywood wishes Jaya on turning 63, Big B thanks them - Apr 09, 2011
- Madhavan opts out of Jaya Bachchan starrer - May 15, 2009
- Rajnikant to hold special 'Robot' screening for Bachchans (Movie snippets) - Oct 04, 2010
- My cheque bounced, so I quit 'Aap Ke Liye Hum': Urvashi Sharma - Sep 16, 2009
- Revathy Varmha finalises Ayesha Takia for her next - Jun 24, 2010
- After Much Ado Jaya Bachchan Starrer Finally Starts Shooting Today! - Sep 05, 2009
- Jaya Bachchan, Shinde trade words in Rajya Sabha - Aug 09, 2012
- After Ileana, southern actress Sneha ready to enter Bollywood - Apr 15, 2011
- Shinde forced to apologise to Jaya Bachchan in Rajya Sabha (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Jaya Bachchan to play 'adopted' mother in new film - Jan 29, 2009
- Shinde apologises for 'filmy' remark against Bachchan (Second Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Big B becomes Rana's Hindi tutor! (Movie Snippets) - May 07, 2012
- Hindi remake of 'Vettai' to go on floor with Shahid in lead - Apr 26, 2012
Tags: 60th birthday, auspicious day, ayesha takiya, commercial film, fiza, hindi version, jaya bachchan, kal ho na ho, karisma kapoor, pivotal role, preity zinta, raveena tandon, respectable place, revathy, saritha, screen chemistry, subhash k jha, tamil actress, tamil film, veteran actress