A nostalgic Lara walks ramp for Rina DhakaJuly 25th, 2010 - 7:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 25 (IANS) Model-turned actress Lara Dutta says it was a nostalgic feeling when she walked the ramp for designer Rina Dhaka at the ongoing Pearls Infrastructure Delhi Couture Week.
“I had walked the ramp for Rina in 1998, it was then I had started modelling. So after that I managed to walk for her this time and it was very nostalgic indeed,” Lara told reporters here after the show Sunday.
“I am glad to be here for the first couture week and thanks a ton Delhi people for having me here in the capital,” she added.
This former Miss Universe, who is now more active in movies, says walking down the ramp is now a lot more tougher than compared to her modelling days. Contrary to her claim, dressed in a black crystallised chic blouse and train lehenga, the actress flaunted her perfect figure and walked down the ramp with oodles of confidence.
“Walking the ramp as a celebrity is very tough because that time you are the face of the designer so you have to be very confidant and poised and make sure every move you make is fine. You can’t go wrong here so it is a bit tougher, but it is always fun,” said Lara.
“Also walking down the ramp in front of a live audience is also fun as you know that there won’t be any re-takes,” she added.
Inspired by cobwebs, Dhaka’s collection had a lot of slim-line silhouettes, interesting saris and corsets paired with lehengas.
A lot of lace, brocade, hand embroidery and various textures were used on the saris and dresses. Also, a lot of cut work and pearl work dominated the range that was in the hues of metallic black, neutral beige and bright reds.
- Rina Dhaka disappoints at couture week - Oct 10, 2010
- Flop Show By Rina Dhaka! - Oct 12, 2010
- Clothes were the real stars of Delhi Couture Week (Review) (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Jul 26, 2010
- Valaya's clothes outshine Kangna on Couture Week ramp - Jul 24, 2010
- Dia Mirza walks ramp at Mumbai's fashion show - Oct 30, 2010
- Amy dazzles as princess in Indian attire - Mar 03, 2012
- Rina Dhaka returns to LFW after two years - Aug 18, 2011
- Clothes real stars at Delhi Couture Week (Review) - Jul 26, 2010
- Papa Shatrughan gets emotional as Sonakshi walks the ramp - Jul 25, 2011
- A mix of nature, fashion at bridal week show - Nov 01, 2010
- Sonakshi Sinha wants a simple, beach wedding - Sep 14, 2012
- Diplomats families to walk ramp for Indian girl child - Mar 01, 2012
- Shraddha Kapoor steals show for Anju Modi - Jul 24, 2011
- Rohit Bal displays 'Shanti' with Arjun Rampal on ramp - Jul 26, 2011
- Going back to ramp is fun: Jacqueline Fernandez - Jul 22, 2010
Tags: blouse, bright reds, brocade, cobwebs, confidant, corsets, couture, hand embroidery, hues, lace, lara dutta, miss universe, New Delhi, oodles, pearls, ramp, rina dhaka, saris, silhouettes, slim line