A Hilarious Week Of ‘How I Met your Mother’!October 13th, 2010 - 6:38 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
October 13, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): This week’s ‘How I Met your Mother’ was funny as hell, Barney and Friends started their own version of ‘Amazing race’. The five friends were trying to find out who among them was the perfect New Yorker. The best part of the show had to be the hilarious appearances made by Maury Povich.
The biggest challenge for the viewers was to spot Maury Povich in the different scenes as he crossed path with each of the five central characters. Maury insulted Lily on the subway, he stole Robin’s cab and he was on the bus with Ted. If that is not enough, Maury was also seen emerging from Dean & Deluca while walking his dog, he shopped at Tribeca photo and to top it off, he was mistaken for Woody Allen at Gregor’s Steak House.
The thing that irked us the most was the shameless Bing promotions throughout the episode. The sequence where Ranjit, the Bangladeshi taxi driver, came to rescue Barney (like Alfred the Butler in Batman) was hilarious. Marshall was particularly funny during the seven-mile run but it saddened us to see that he did not jaywalk (which FYI happens to be the right of every New Yorker).
Although Robin gave up at the beginning, she eventually went ahead to win the game (Barney obviously let it slip by). But Barney’s “I smell incredible” line had us in splits. Overall the episode was great and we give it thumbs up.
- How I Met Your Mother Season 6 premieres - Sep 22, 2010
- Desperate Housewives Continue To Enthrall The Viewers - Oct 08, 2010
- Glee: Valentine’s Day Special Episode To Be Full Of Love Songs - Jan 20, 2011
- Subway targets to have 1,000 outlets in India by 2015 - May 01, 2012
- Alfred Molina Switches Roles In NBC’s Law & Order - Jan 13, 2011
- Robert De Niro Makes It To The Cannes Film Festival - Jan 07, 2011
- "Star Wars" On New York City Subway - Jul 15, 2010
- Conan O’ Brien: Powerful And Enthralling As Ever - Nov 10, 2010
- 'Long Island Lolita' Amy Fisher Discusses Her Porn Career - Sep 30, 2010
- Review Of ‘Weeds’: To Moscow And Quickly - Oct 20, 2010
- Review Of 'HIMYM' Architect Of Destruction - Oct 20, 2010
- Review Of Sons of Anarchy “The Push” - Oct 14, 2010
- David Dhawan: I Did Not Demean Akshay Kumar - Dec 31, 2010
- Review Of ‘I Love You Phillip Morris’: Crazy Love Story Of A Gay Conman - Dec 02, 2010
- Chris Colfer Reveals New Development In ‘Glee’ - Dec 29, 2010
Tags: amazing race, amp, barney and friends, batman, dean, deluca, five friends, hell, how i met your mother, lily, marshall, maury povich, new yorker, promotions, splits, steak house, subway, taxi driver, ted, woody allen