911 call reveals Thornton’s daughter made desperate bid to save goddaughterJune 3rd, 2009 - 4:34 pm ICT by ANI
New York, June 3 (ANI): While Billy Bob Thornton’s estranged daughter Amanda Brumfield has been charged with child neglect causing harm or disability after the death of her one-year-old goddaughter Olivia Garcia, a 911 call has revealed that she made a desperate bid to save the toddler’s life.
Amanda Brumfield is heard frantically administering CPR to the child in the seven-minute call, through which her husband was receiving medical instructions from an operator.
“(She’s) not moving, not reacting to anything,” the New York Daily News quoted him as saying during the call.
“She’s got vomit coming out (of her mouth),” he could be heard as saying.
Twenty-nine-year-old Amanda told investigators the young child fell from her playpen and hit her head in her Florida home October 3, but acted normally afterwards and ate bananas.
Amanda said that she even painted Olivia’s toenails before she went to sleep on the sofa, and only noticed later the child was limp.
However, police say that Amanda did not call for help for another two-and-a-half hours, and an autopsy determined the girl had a fractured skull and brain injury.
Given that the medical examiner has ruled the death a homicide, investigators are not ready to believe what Amanda says.
Brumfield’s mother Melissa Parish said that her daughter should not have been charged.
She said that there was no reason to call the police because the baby showed no signs of distress.
Issuing a statement, Thornton’s publicist said: “Mr. Thornton is estranged from Amanda and has had no contact with her for quite some time, however when informed about this situation he commented that, ‘Anytime a baby’s life is lost is an unimaginable tragedy and my heart goes out to the baby’s family and loved ones.’” (ANI)
- Billy Bob Thornton's daughter freed on bail from Florida jail - Jul 28, 2009
- Billy Bob Thornton's daughter charged with murder, manslaughter - Jun 26, 2009
- Amanda Brumfield arrested - Jun 01, 2009
- Billy Bob Thornton's Band "The Boxmasters" - Jun 27, 2009
- Fan has near death experience at Lady Gaga's concert - Apr 24, 2011
- Showbiz pals support Amanda Holden after baby tragedy - Feb 07, 2011
- Mum, paramedics rescue toddler from backyard pool - Mar 17, 2011
- Mother drowns baby in Norway as boyfriend watches on Skype - Jan 06, 2012
- Mel Gibson Sheds Tears For Daughter Lucia - Nov 12, 2010
- 'Britain's Got Talent' judge Amanda Holden suffers miscarriage - Feb 06, 2011
- Amanda Holden has a scary time while giving birth - Jan 26, 2012
- Unable to cope, mother kills baby in Australia - Jul 30, 2010
- Amanda Holden: 'Baby loss like tragic movie' - May 27, 2011
- Amanda Holden 'awaits baby test results' - Feb 08, 2011
- Amanda Holden to return to work on Mother's Day - Mar 18, 2011
Tags: 911, autopsy, bananas, billy bob thornton, brain injury, child neglect, daughter amanda, disability, fractured skull, homicide investigators, june 3, medical examiner, melissa, new york daily news, olivia garcia, playpen, publicist, sofa, two and a half hours, york daily news