80s fragrances expel celeb scents from top of perfume chartsNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:39 am ICT by admin
When the demand for 80s fragrances rose by 37 percent last month at the online store halfpriceperfumes.co.uk, website founder Jason Zemmel was left puzzled.
“We’re not sure if it’s nostalgia, a full-on Eighties revival or young people emulating their parents but our sales of Eighties scents shot up massively,” The Daily Star quoted Zemmel, as saying.
“The most popular female fragrances are Charlie, Obsession and Fendi, while Jazz now tops the most popular male scent.
“Meanwhile, sales of celebrity scents are falling - some are selling less than half of what they were doing a year ago,” he added.
Zemmel has said that may be lack of star quality is responsible for the falling sales of celeb scents.
“It seems the calibre of the celeb has declined,” he said. (ANI)
- Beyonce tops celebrity perfumes' list - Aug 17, 2011
- Aguilera to launch another perfume - Mar 10, 2011
- Aguilera's perfumes inspired by mother - Dec 23, 2010
- Sean Combs sued over perfume - Jan 17, 2012
- Liz Taylor's 'White Diamonds' still best-selling celeb fragrance - Mar 25, 2011
- Perfume fair organized in Delhi - Mar 27, 2011
- Dion to launch another fragrance - Jul 24, 2011
- Heidi Klum to launch her own perfume - Jan 24, 2011
- Rihanna asks fans to name fragrance - Feb 28, 2010
- Fergie to launch 2nd fragrance with Avon - Apr 08, 2011
- Shakira launches second fragrance - Jun 14, 2011
- Gerard Butler prepares to launch own perfume line - Nov 21, 2009
- Christina Aguilera's soft-porn style perfume ad - Oct 30, 2010
- Halle Berry to be honoured for fragrance - May 06, 2011
- Longoria Parker to launch signature perfume - Dec 23, 2009