8-Week Cancer Treatment Over, Michael Douglas Is Back Home

October 9th, 2010 - 1:23 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire  


October 9, 2010  (Sampurn Wire): Michael Douglas, who had been in hospital receiving radiation and chemotherapy treatment for throat cancer is back home, said a report released by his publicist. The 66- year-old Oscar winning actor had been diagnosed with stage-4 throat cancer earlier this year. The doctors said that they were hopeful about complete cure despite the disease being a serious one. When asked about the eight-week stay in hospital, all that Michael Douglas managed to say was that, he is glad it has come to an end. A statement given to the media by Allen Burry, the publicist of the actor, states that Michael Douglas does not require further chemo or radiation for the time being.

Michael Douglas was diagnosed with throat cancer in the month of August, this year. But, even in his ailing condition, he did find out time to attend the premiere of his latest movie “Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps” in September. The actor has shown superb signs of positivity throughout the course of his treatment, repeatedly saying that he will defeat the illness for sure. The actor has reportedly refused to swallow food using a feeding tube, preferring to bear the pain instead.

Wife Catherine Zeta Jones too has shown immense support for hubby Douglas’ recovery, cancelling a lot of prestigious projects to remain beside him during the treatment. Michael Douglas had won the best actor Oscar award for his Gordon Gekko act in “Wall Street”. His latest offering “Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps” is a sequel to the original version.

– Sampurn Wire

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Entertainment |

Subscribe