78yr-old bachelor chases away 2 burglars with a bugle!March 27th, 2009 - 5:27 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 27 (ANI): A 78-year-old man chased away two burglars with a bugle, when they tried to rob his house.
Alex Wade, a bachelor who lives alone in Coventry, West midlands, did not know that his idea of keeping a bugle by his pillow incase of an emergency would come handy one day, as it helped him chase away two young burglars with it.
Wade revealed that the burglars broke into his house through a window at about 2:40 am, but had to run away empty-handed when he sounded the bugle on the face of one of the burglars.
“I was lying in bed and heard the front window smash and heard people talking. At first I thought I was dreaming. I keep a bugle by my pillow in case anything like this happens so I reached over and grabbed it. I went to my bedroom door. I yelled into the hallway ‘who’s there?’ and then the two little scoundrels started talking among themselves,” the Telegraph quoted Wade as saying.
“I opened my door and walked into the hallway and blew the bugle as loud as I could into one of the lad’s faces. He looked absolutely startled and they both panicked and raced out the front door,” he added.
The police of West Midlands have applauded Wade for his daring act.
“This was an instinctive action from the man which has caused the offenders to flee the scene,” Detective Inspector Bob Petipher, of West Midlands Police, said.
“It prevented any more possessions being taken from the house and they were swiftly arrested,” he added.
Wade, who made the bugle from an old-fashioned car horn after a spate of break-ins in his neighborhood, is happy with the instrument, which proved very helpful.
“It’s is the best burglar alarm a man can have. Now the neighbors will always know if I’m in trouble,” he said. (ANI)
- Delhi's burglars make hay while summer vacation shines - Jun 14, 2011
- Parrot's piercing screech scares off burglars! - Jul 30, 2010
- Ex-army official's house burgled - Feb 09, 2012
- Man breaks into home to put up Christmas decorations - Nov 17, 2011
- Wrestler pins down burglar in Britain - Jun 29, 2010
- Texas man on vacation uses iPhone app to watch burglary at his home - Aug 26, 2010
- Brave Brit widow, 84, fights off burglar with walking stick! - Jan 20, 2011
- British teen comes alive after being brain dead - Apr 25, 2012
- 'Operation Golden' to have Brit cops break-in homes as burglars - Feb 12, 2010
- Woman microwaves kitten to death - Nov 25, 2011
- Congress MP's house broken into - Jul 03, 2010
- Startled burglar kills man in Delhi - Oct 29, 2010
- Mumbai rains make B-Town celebs nostalgic - Jul 04, 2012
- Jemma Benjamin dies after her first kiss - Feb 10, 2011
- Burglar who targetted elderly women gets 15 years in jail - Jun 08, 2011
Tags: bugle, burglar alarm, burglars, car horn, chases, coventry west midlands, daring act, detective inspector, hallway, incase, ins, lying in bed, neighbors, old bachelor, old man, one of the lad, possessions, scoundrels, spate, west midlands police