70-Year-Old Actor James Gammon Dies Of CancerJuly 18th, 2010 - 7:20 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
July 18, (THAINDIAN NEWS) 70-year-old character actor James Gammon is no more. The actor who was battling with adrenal glands and liver cancer for the last two and half years passed on Friday at his daughter’s residence in Costa Mesa, California. The actor had his wife and other family members by his side at the time of his death. The news of the death of the actor was confirmed by the family of the actor.
Nancy Gammon wife of James Gammon mentioned to media sources on Saturday that the actor was diagnosed with cancer two and half years back but it is only last month that the disease aggravated and started hampering his health drastically. Nancy Gammon also added that the actor’s condition had reached to such a stage at which the doctors could not perform any kind of surgery or go for the chemotherapy either. He was brought home on his own will and passed his last days under the care of his family.
James Gammon who had been able to create his own niche in the American film and television industry due to his acting skills and tonal quality, is best known for his portrayal of the character of Lou Brown in the movie “Major League”. James Gammon is fondly remembered by theater actors for his contribution to the world of theater. Nancy Gammon said to media sources that James Gammon was very proud of his stage work and mentioned that the actor was once thought to be the muse of playwright Sam Shepard. Actor friend of James Gammon, Tom Bower said to media sources on Saturday that the late actor had a great voice who could play the role of King Lear onstage, but could not manage the same magic in the film industry where he was thought of “as the gnarly, western guy”.
- Actor James Gammon dies due to cancer - Jul 19, 2010
- Actor James Gammon dies at the age of 70 years - Jul 19, 2010
- Actor James Gammon Dies of Cancer Age 70 - Jul 19, 2010
- Comedian Martin Short's Wife Nancy Dolman Expired - Aug 24, 2010
- Renowned Actor Steve Landesberg Passes Away At 65 - Dec 21, 2010
- Art Linkletter Dies Aged 97 - May 27, 2010
- "Hawaii Five-O" Star James MacArthur Passes Away At 72 - Oct 29, 2010
- Bengali Film Autograph Likely To Release In September 2010 - Aug 05, 2010
- Brit teachers ply student, 17, with alcohol before sexually assaulting him - Apr 25, 2011
- Former Czech President Vaclav Havel dead at 75 - Dec 18, 2011
- Javier Bardem Lands Role In Next James Bond Project? - Jan 31, 2011
- Shakespeare could teach doctors about mind-body connect - Nov 27, 2011
- Nancy Reagan Celebrates Ronald Reagan's 100th Birthday - Feb 07, 2011
- Academy Award Nominated Actress Jill Clayburgh Dies At 66 - Nov 07, 2010
- Charlie Sheen Likely To Serve His Probable Community Service At Aspen Theater - Jun 07, 2010
Tags: acting skills, actor james, adrenal glands, american film, character actor, costa mesa california, film and television, film industry, james gammon, king lear, liver cancer, madhuri, media sources, sam shepard, sam shepard actor, stage work, television industry, theater actors, tom bower, tonal quality