Guy Ritchie in search of exotic and expensive whiskyJune 23rd, 2008 - 1:40 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 23 (IANS) British director and pop star Madonna’s husband Guy Ritchie is obsessed with finding the perfect tipple as he plans to set up his own whisky brand. Thesun.co.uk reports that Ritchie spent around 2 million pounds on The Punch Bowl pub, in London’s posh Mayfair and has been sampling some of the best booze around. He wants to find the perfect whisky and sell the most expensive bottle of whisky ever.
“Ritchie is a massive whisky fan and wants to set up his own brand. Since opening The Punch Bowl, he has tried some classics. He loves a 33-year-old malt - but reckons he can do better. He wants his to be the ultimate, exclusive whisky brand,” said a source.
“He is into his country pursuits and only drinks whisky in his boozer out of specially-made glasses. He loves the idea of coming back in his tweed and deerstalker and sipping his own brand of whisky which is the best in the world.
“He plans to stuff the current top prices with his brand. He reckons there are plenty of rich businessmen and rock stars who would pay six figures for the world’s best whisky.”
- Guy Ritchie to launch his own brand of whisky - Jun 23, 2008
- Guy Ritchie's pub could be closed over noisy celebs row - Nov 04, 2009
- Brit pensioner who has smoked 292,000 ciggies celebrates 100th b'day - Sep 25, 2010
- 'Model mob' encircles Leonardo DiCaprio at Guy Ritchie's pub - Jul 23, 2009
- Guy Ritchie plans pub in New York - Dec 14, 2009
- Guy Ritchie to open pub in New York - Dec 14, 2009
- Kelly Brook gets cosy with rugby player Thom Evans - Nov 29, 2010
- David Beckham to open pub? - Aug 05, 2010
- Sale of single malt whiskies surges in Delhi - Mar 22, 2012
- Single-malt Scotch whisky named world's best - Oct 25, 2011
- Madonna in negotiations to become nightclub owner - Jan 07, 2011
- Ritchie tries wooing new woman same way as Madonna - Aug 05, 2009
- Guy delivers 'the full Ritchie romance experience' to woo mystery beauty - Aug 05, 2009
- Ronnie Wood takes up cricket to stay sober - Oct 28, 2010
- Guy Ritchie moves in with girlfriend - Jan 07, 2011
Tags: booze, boozer, british director, country pursuits, deerstalker, drinks, glasses, guy ritchie, june 23, malt, mayfair, pop star madonna, pub in london, punch bowl, rich businessmen, rock stars, six figures, tweed, whisky brand, whisky fan