45-yr-old woman scientist to head Agni missile projectMay 13th, 2008 - 5:46 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 13 (ANI): A 45-year-old woman scientist is set to head one of the country’s key missile projects for the first time.
Dr. Tessy Thomas has been cleared for the post of project director of the upgraded version of the 2000 km-long nuclear capable Agni-II missile.
Currently, Dr. Thomas is working as an associate project director of the 3,000 km range Agni-III missile project.
According to Dr. Suranjan Pal, Director of the Directorate of Public Interface, Dr. Tessy Thomas is a project director in one of the important projects at a missile lab of the Defence Research Development Organisation (DRDO) in Hyderabad.
Dr. Thomas is an expert on all solid system propellants. She has B.Tech and M.Tech degrees from the Thrissur Engineering College in Calicut and from Pune respectively. (ANI)
- 'Rocket Woman' propels India's missile mission - Nov 21, 2011
- Agni-IV production by 2014 - Nov 16, 2011
- No gender bias in science: Missile scientist Tessy Thomas (Interview, With Images) - Apr 23, 2012
- India may test fire Agni II missile Thursday - Aug 08, 2012
- Agni-II plus missile test fails - Dec 10, 2010
- India successfully tests n-capable Agni-III missile (Second Lead) - Feb 07, 2010
- India successfully tests n-capable Agni II - Sep 30, 2011
- 5,000-km range Agni-V to be tested in a year: DRDO - Feb 10, 2010
- Agni-V will adequately meet India's deterrence: Natarajan - Apr 19, 2012
- India tests Agni-IV missile with high accuracy - Nov 15, 2011
- Agni-III successfully test fired, ready for induction (Third Lead) - Feb 07, 2010
- India creates history, tests 5,000 km Agni-V missile (Second Lead) - Apr 19, 2012
- 'India on par with others in electronic warfare' - May 02, 2012
- Agni-II test fired successfully - May 17, 2010
- N-capable missiles in India's arsenal [To go with India test-fires 5,000 km Agni-V missile, China cautious (Roundup) - Apr 19, 2012
Tags: agni ii, associate project director, b tech, calicut, defence research, development organisation, dr thomas, drdo, engineering college, hyderabad, m tech, missile, New Delhi, old woman, public interface, tessy, woman scientist