30 Rock takes Best comedy, while Mad Men wins Best drama in Emmy Awards 2008September 22nd, 2008 - 5:07 pm ICT by Bupha Ravirot
“Mad Men” won traditionally the biggest award of the night, while a TV comedy, “30 Rock” has won all seven Emmy awards mainly best comedy , and it also earned two Emmy Awards for Fey (for acting and writing), one for lead actor Alec Baldwin and three earlier this month at the Creative Emmy Awards, which honors guest performances and technical feats.
Fey’s co-star on 30 Rock, Alec Baldwin, won the best comic actor. Glenn Close won the best dramatic actress prize for her portrayal of a ruthless attorney in Damages. Bryan Cranston won the best male dramatic actor prize for his role in Breaking Bad as a teacher with a terminal illness who turns to crime to support his handicapped child and pregnant wife.
However “John Adams” a mini-series from HBO has taken the biggest award show in all US television. It won total 11 Emmy Awards after receiving 23 nominations. It is an epic historical drama about one of the founding fathers of America. The epic historical drama about one of the most influential Founding Fathers of the United States.
- Toni Collette bags Top Actress Emmy - Sep 21, 2009
- 62nd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards: Nominees & Winners - Aug 30, 2010
- 61st Primetime Emmy Award Winners - Sep 21, 2009
- Mad Men and 30 Rock among top winners at Emmy Awards - Sep 22, 2008
- 2010 Primetime Emmy Winners List, Some Old, Some New, Some Surprises - Aug 30, 2010
- "Glee" And "The Pacific" Dominate Emmy Award Nominations - Jul 09, 2010
- 2009 Emmy Award nominations full list - Jul 17, 2009
- `Mad Men', `Modern Family' win top prizes at Emmy Awards (Second Lead) - Aug 30, 2010
- BBC drama 'Little Dorrit' bags seven Emmy awards - Sep 21, 2009
- David Letterman gets highest honour at US comedy awards - Mar 28, 2011
- Primetime Emmy Awards 2010 Winners Walk The Red Carpet With Glory - Aug 30, 2010
- 'Mad Men' best drama, 'Modern Family' best comedy at Emmys - Sep 19, 2011
- 'Mad Men', '30 Rock' top Emmy awards - Sep 22, 2008
- Sedgwick, Cranston win Emmy for lead actors in drama - Aug 30, 2010
- James Cameron wins Golden Globe for 'Avatar' - Jan 18, 2010
Tags: actor alec baldwin, actor glenn, actor prize, alec baldwin, bryan cranston, comic actor, dramatic actor, dramatic actress, emmy awards, fey, founding fathers of america, founding fathers of the united states, glenn close, guest performances, handicapped child, john adams, mad men, pregnant wife, terminal illness, tv comedy