3 National Awards winners come together for Atithi Tum Kab Jaaoge?’January 14th, 2010 - 4:51 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
It is rare mixture to have three acting genius in one film and when you do; one can surely expect fireworks at the box office!
Come February, audiences will see National Award winners Ajay Devgn, Konkona Sen Sharma, Paresh Rawal in a Warner Bros. Pictures India and Wide Frame Films production titled Atithi Tum Kab Jaoge? directed by Ashwni Dhir.
And as the title suggests, the film is a light hearted comedy based on a couple (Ajay- Konkona) who land up with an uninvited guest (Paresh Rawal) at their home.
Amita Pathak, daughter of Kumar Mangat will take on the reins of a producer for the first time with this project.
“The script of Atithi… itself is a non stop laugh riot and once you add the comical talents of Ajay Devgn, Paresh Rawal and Konkona Sen, we have a winner at the box office,” says Denzil Dias, Deputy Managing Director (Theatrical), Warner Bros. Pictures India.
Adds debutant producer Amita Pathak, “When my director (Ashwni Dhir) narrated the script to me, I could completely relate to it as we have also faced a similar scenario at home leading to a lot of funny and frustrating situations. We felt it made the perfect premise for a rip-roaring comedy. And that is how Athithi Tum Kab Jaoge was born.”
Says lead actor Ajay Devgn, “I liked the script because it is very real and has some slice-of-life comic situations. It is also very cleverly written and the humour in the dialogue makes it very likeable. I’m sure people from all walks of life will identify with this because every home must have had a guest who has been the bane of their lives.”
The Music for the film will be composed by Pritam with choreography by Raju Khan, while the lyrics have been penned by Irshad Kamil.
The screenplay for the film is by Robin Bhatt, Ashwni Dhir, Tushar Hiranandani, and the film is edited by Dharmendra Sharma.
The Cinematographer of the film is Aseem Bajaj, Sound recordist Shubhash Sahu while production designs will be by Sabu Cyril.
To be shot over 50 days at Yashraj Studios and other locales in Mumbai, the film is slated to release on February 26, 2010.
- 3 National Award winners come together for Atithi Tum Kab Jaoge? - Dec 22, 2009
- 'Atithi Tum Kab Jaoge?' - Nov 18, 2009
- Official website of Atithi Tum Kab Jaoge? launched - Jan 19, 2010
- Three National Award winners team up for comedy (With Images) - Nov 17, 2009
- Ajay Devgn Visits Ajmer Sharif - Jan 04, 2010
- Atithi Tum Kab Jaaoge is an adaptation of a short story - Nov 26, 2009
- Atithi Tum Kab Jaoge?' going strong at the Box office - Mar 11, 2010
- Ajay Devgn seeks blessings in Ajmer for new film - Jan 04, 2010
- 'Atithi tum kab...?' about unannounced guests (IANS Preview) - Mar 01, 2010
- Ajay Devgn, Konkona, Paresh Rawal shoot at CST - Dec 11, 2009
- 'Bittoo Boss' sans stars' special appearances - Apr 10, 2012
- 'Atithi...' gives a message with a laugh: Ajay Devgn - Mar 04, 2010
- Movie Review: Atithi Tum Kab Jaoge?(2010) - Mar 08, 2010
- 'Atithi Tum Kab Jaoge?' not slapstick comedy: Ajay Devgn - Jan 18, 2010
- 'Atithi Tum Kab Jaoge?' has no romantic angle: Konkona - Feb 27, 2010
Tags: awards winners, comic situations, dharmendra, dhir, films production, hiranandani, irshad, kab, konkona sen sharma, laugh riot, mangat, national award winners, paresh rawal, pritam, rare mixture, sahu, slice of life, sound recordist, uninvited guest, walks of life