3 Idiots Bags All Top Honors At Global Indian Music AwardsNovember 12th, 2010 - 12:01 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
November 12, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): The Aamir Khan starrer 3 Idiots has already received its share of glory and praises but the honors it seems is never ending for this blockbuster 2009 film. Continuing with its award winning spree, it was 3 Idiots which emerged the winner at the first Global Indian Music Awards held in Mumbai on Wednesday. The Raj Kumar Hirani film grabbed all the top honors at Chevrolet GIMA. While the audience enjoyed watching 3 Idiot’s winning streak at the Awards platform, they also enjoyed watching the performances of actors Salman Khan and Kareena Kapoor. Also present at the first Global Indian Music Awards were music stalwarts and sisters Lata Mangeshkar and Asha Bhonsle.
Held at the Yash Raj Studios in Mumbai, this was the first innings of the Global Indian Music Awards in Mumbai. The Awards have been introduced by the Wizcraft International Entertainment groups to appreciate and celebrate the works of the best performers in Bollywood film music and non-film music albums every year.
While 3 Idiots walked away with all major awards in the ceremony, newcomers like Kavita Seth was also honored with the best playback singer for her rendition of ‘Iktara Iktara’ from Wake Up Sid. The highlight of Wednesday’s program was Asha Bhonsle’s performance which also served as the inauguration song of the event. Asha Bhonsle, who has been named the ambassador of the Global Indian Music Awards sang to ‘Allah Rakha’.
- '3 Idiots' triumphs at first edition of GIMA awards - Nov 11, 2010
- GIMA set for a confluence of all musical styles - Sep 13, 2011
- GIMA voting process starts - Aug 30, 2011
- 'Dabangg' leads GIMA nominations - Aug 11, 2011
- Saif to jam with Pritam for music awards - Nov 09, 2010
- Asha Bhosle named goodwill ambassador for music awards - Nov 02, 2010
- Salman Khan Performs At GIMA - Nov 12, 2010
- Anti-piracy initiatives to be recognised at Music Awards - Oct 30, 2010
- New music awards for Indian music fraternity - Jul 28, 2010
- The Global Indian Music Awards To Be Aired On Colors On The 5th Of December - Dec 02, 2010
- Shaan's tryst with acting! (Movie Snippets) - Oct 26, 2011
- A R Rahman at GIMA: "My Dad Used To Look At Lata Mageshkar’s Photo Every ... - Dec 04, 2010
- I'm tired of singing film songs: Asha Bhosle (Interview) - Nov 05, 2010
- Prodigy Expresses Their Fascination Towards Bollywood - Jan 15, 2011
- Music composer as important as the film hero: Salim Merchant (Interview) - Sep 04, 2011
Tags: aamir khan, allah rakha, asha, blockbuster, entertainment groups, film music, gima, indian music, international entertainment, kareena kapoor, kavita, major awards, music albums, music awards, playback singer, raj kumar, salman khan, stalwarts, winning streak, wizcraft