25th Burning Man Festival BeginsAugust 27th, 2012 - 10:02 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Nevada, Aug 27 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The 25th anniversary of the burning man festival is coming up. This is a festival where people gather at the Nevada’s Black Rock Desert to create a black rock city. This festival runs for a week.
According to the festival’s website, the festival is dedicated to art, community, self reliance and self expression. This is an event that is attended by a lot of people as tickets to this year’s event are already sold out. The people who attend this festival usually leave the site a week later and they ensure that they leave no trace of the festival at all.
The people who go to the burning man festival are not usually called fans as those who go to other festivals. They are considered participants as they are the ones who create the content by themselves. The festival usually has a different theme every year and the theme for this year’s event is ‘Fertility 2.0.’
A structure is constructed at the scene of the burning man festival every year and the giant structure is usually lit on fore. The structure portrays a man being burnt at the top of the structure. The tickets to this year’s festival have sold out very fast but not like those of last year that sold out by July.
- Burning Man festival to start today - Aug 29, 2011
- Satellite captures 'Burning Man' Festival photos from space - Sep 07, 2011
- List of 10 best places to get naked in 2011 revealed - Feb 11, 2011
- Undercover Police Presence High at 'Burning Man' Annual Event in Nevada - Aug 31, 2010
- Rihanna to headline Wireless Festival - Nov 09, 2011
- London Mayor upbeat over upcoming Olympics - Jul 20, 2012
- Trees cut for Holi, green activists despair - Mar 07, 2012
- Colors Stars Reveal Their Plans For Diwali - Nov 02, 2010
- Nevada bill to partially ban candles and air fresheners introduced - Mar 15, 2011
- International music festival kicks off in Rio - Sep 24, 2011