2010 best year ever for me: Susan Boyle (Lead)December 26th, 2010 - 5:32 pm ICT by IANS
London, Dec 26 (IANS) If 2009 made her a star, Scottish singing sensation Susan Boyle says 2010 is the year she came of age.What could be termed a fairytale rise to fame, in 2010, “Britain’s Got Talent” winner Boyle met the Pope, smashed world records for music sales, performed to millions around the world and even got a cherished diamond bracelet from music moghul Simon Cowell, reports mirror.co.uk.
“It’s been an absolutely fantastic 12 months. The year 2009 had been the best of my life and I never thought it possible to top it - but 2010 did just that,” said the 49-year-old.
“This past year has been my growing-up time. I know there’s still a long way to go in my journey but I hope to prove to people that dreams don’t have an expiry date,” she added.
Not bad for a woman who, just 18 months ago, was living in a council house in Blackburn, West Lothian, with her cat Pebbles.
- 2010 best year ever for Susan Boyle - Dec 26, 2010
- Susan Boyle's life to be immortalised in a musical - Jun 17, 2011
- Susan Boyle visited by late mother's spirit - Dec 11, 2011
- Hairy angel Susan Boyle wants to take on the world - Jun 07, 2009
- Boyle to snub luxury mansion because her pet cat hates 'being posh'! - Nov 22, 2009
- Susan Boyle's latest album set to smash sales record - Apr 19, 2010
- Japanese fans throw surprise b'day party for Susan Boyle - Apr 02, 2010
- Troubled Susan Boyle banned from seeing her pussy! - Jun 05, 2009
- Susan Boyle chooses paramedic for duet - Aug 15, 2010
- Susan Boyle set to buy her childhood home - Jul 27, 2009
- Susan Boyle Receives $9000 Birthday Present From Simon Cowell - Apr 02, 2010
- Singer Susan Boyle in train row - Aug 25, 2010
- TV sensation Susan Boyle to perform for the Pope - Aug 26, 2010
- Susan Boyle moving to London - Mar 08, 2010
- Susan Boyle story set to woo Japan - Aug 30, 2009
Tags: 12 months, best of my life, blackburn, britain s got talent, council house, diamond bracelet, dreams, expiry date, journey, london, music sales, pebbles, pope, simon cowell, singing sensation, talent winner, west lothian