‘1971′ director’s next a romantic comedy (With Images)June 26th, 2012 - 4:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 26 (IANS) After making his directorial debut with “1971″, a National Award-winning movie based on prisoners of war, Amrit Sagar Chopra is back after a break of five years with romantic comedy “Rabba Main Kya Karoon”.
The movie, featuring Arshad Warsi, Paresh Rawal, Raj Babbar, Shakti Kapoor and introducing the director’s younger brother Akash Sagar Chopra, is a rollercoaster ride which centers around a big lavish Delhi wedding.
“This is a complete departure from ‘1971′, but a genre that I am very much at home with,” Amrit Sagar Chopra, said in a press statement.
“Comedy has been the flavour of the season and ‘Rabba Main Kya Karoon’ celebrates the lighter side of life with aplomb. The audiences are going to have as much of a blast as we had making the film,” he added.
His “1971″, released in 2007, won the National Film Award for best Hindi feature film.
The movie also marked the foray of Moti Sagar Productions into film production.
Moti Sagar of the banner said: “Amrit’s already made a mark with his first film and I am sure everyone’s going to love ‘Rabba Main Kya Karoon’. We, the Sagars have been associated with the best of entertainment and this film is the latest jewel in our crown.”
“Rabba Main Kya Karoon”, which is now in post production stage, is slated to release in between September and October this year.
- Amrit Sagar captures big fat Indian wedding in new film - Jul 09, 2012
- Old is gold: Revival time for Bollywood's defunct banners - Jul 17, 2012
- Independent music returning in a big way: Salim Merchant - Apr 06, 2012
- 'Double Dhamaal' world premiere to be held at IIFA - May 20, 2011
- Now a film on rail mafia (Movie Snippets) - Nov 30, 2011
- Ballary's 'Hum Tum Shabana' coming out in September - Jun 23, 2011
- Dog is the third hero of "Kya Super..." : Tusshar - Jun 26, 2012
- Kabir Bedi in Prakash Jha's 'Chakravyuh' - Mar 21, 2012
- Riteish gets serious! - Jun 05, 2012
- Sex comedy in B-town: Audiences ready, censors alert - Jul 23, 2012
- Mahesh Bhatt compares 'Jism 2' to 'Last Tango In Paris' (Movie Snippets) - Jul 06, 2012
- 'Sagar' - a good timepass! (Kannada Movie Review) - Aug 11, 2012
- Akshay will do wonders in 'Oh My God': Sachin Parikh - Jun 16, 2012
- Southern films good learning ground for Hindi actors: Madhhurima - Sep 11, 2012
- Never a problem with Aditya Chopra: Habib Faisal - May 05, 2012
Tags: aplomb, arshad warsi, best of entertainment, chopra, directorial debut, feature film, film award, film production, flavour, foray, kya karoon, lighter side of life, national film, paresh rawal, prisoners of war, production stage, raj babbar, rollercoaster ride, romantic comedy, shakti kapoor