17 films lined up for UTV Motion pictures in 2010-2011July 17th, 2010 - 8:21 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 17 (IANS) UTV Motion Pictures that has so far belted out two major hits from its stable this year — “Raajneeti” and “I Hate Luv Storys” — has 17 films locked for 2010-2011 release and is still counting.
“We are the only ones to have seven films already locked for release next year and we believe that this year among the top five films, UTV will have three,” UTV Motion Pictures CEO Siddharth Roy Kapur told IANS.
“In fact we are quite close to achieving that since two of our films - ‘Raajneeti’ and ‘I Hate Luv Storys’ - have done so well,” he added.
In the remaining part of 2010, UTV will have 10 releases — Anurag Kashyaap’s “Udaan”, Aamir Khan’s “Peepli Live”, Karan Johar’s “We Are Family”, Vikas Bahl’s “Chillar Party”, Tigmanshu Dhulia’s “Paan Singh Tomar”, Vishal Bhardwaj’s “Saat Khoon Maaf”, Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s “Guzaarish”, Raaghav Dar’s “My Friend Pinto”, Rajkumar Gupta’s “No One Killed Jessica” and Farah Khan’s “Tees Maar Khan”.
And they already have seven scripts locked for 2011.
These are Anees Bazmee’s “Thank You”, Karan Johar’s “Dostana 2″, Anurag Basu’s “Silence”, Aamir Khan’s “Delhi Belly”, Madhur Bhandarkar’s “Heroine”, Anurag Kashyap’s “Wasseypur”, and Dibakar Banerjee’s “Calcutta Jasoos”.
“For us its not just money, we believe in involving in every aspect of developing a film,” Kapur said.
UTV Motion Pictures are expecting a projected revenue of Rs.450 crore for the financial year 2010-11, which will be 95 percent up from the Rs.230 crore revenue in financial year 2009-10.
When asked on what criteria do they select the films they want to work with, Kapur clarified: “Our first priority is the script, then the filmmaker and then whether the film fits in our slate for that particular year or not.”
“We have a stringent process of coming out with at least 11-15 films a year, so that is a consideration as well. If we feel that the film is not fitting the bill this year then we postpone it to the next year,” he added.
- UTV, Kashyap team up again for comedy - Nov 14, 2011
- UTV Makes It Big With Rs. 450 Crore Revenues For 2010-2011 - Dec 29, 2010
- UTV eyes Rs.450 crore revenue by March 2011 - Dec 29, 2010
- UTV targets international TV networks, signs multiple deals - May 25, 2011
- UTV thanks Salman, Ranbir for 'Chillar Party' buzz - Mar 07, 2012
- UTV Motion Pictures releases "I Hate Luv Storys" in the home video market exclusively at Planet M - Sep 14, 2010
- 'Delhi Belly' will destroy our goodwill: Aamir - May 09, 2011
- 'Delhi Belly' now in Tamil, shooting starts May 7 - Apr 30, 2012
- New children's films are fun for adults as well - Jul 25, 2011
- 'Barfi!' wins hearts, collects over Rs.34 crore in first weekend - Sep 17, 2012
- Karan Johar propels newcomers into showbiz - Dec 29, 2011
- 'Raajneeti' Occupies Top Spot; Karan Laughs Off Rift With Sajid - Jun 11, 2010
- UTV strikes Rs.150-crore satellite deals - Mar 19, 2012
- BIGFlix inks deal with UTV for popular titles - Jan 30, 2012
- Get set for comedy, thrillers in 2012 - Jan 01, 2012
Tags: aamir khan, anees, anurag basu, bahl, banerjee, crore, delhi belly, farah khan, kashyap, khoon, maaf, paan, raaghav, sanjay leela bhansali, siddharth, tigmanshu dhulia, top five films, udaan, utv motion pictures, vishal bhardwaj