Al Pacino and Robert De Niro to sue movie distributorMarch 5th, 2009 - 12:43 pm ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
Robert De Niro and Al Pacino are going to sue against a movie distributor and a watch company they say used their likenesses without permission.
Both the actors, De Niro and Pacino said in the lawsuit filed in US District Court in Manhattan they had not authorised a commercial tie-in between Tutima watches and the movie ‘Righteous Kill.’ They sought unspecified damages.
Recently the two actors starred in the movie distributed by Overture Films LLC. The lawsuit names Overture and Tutima USA Inc as defendants.
In a statement, Overture said: ‘We are surprised by this action as Overture Films has not received any communication on this matter for months from Pacino, De Niro or their representatives. We take lawsuits very seriously and our legal team is addressing the issue.’ Tutima did not immediately return a telephone message seeking comment.
The lawsuit said Overture entered into a commercial tie-in with Tutima and advertised Tutima’s watches using De Niro’s and Pacino’s names, voices and likenesses without their consent.
- De Niro, Pacino sue US watch company over identity theft claims - Mar 05, 2009
- De Niro, Pacino may team up for 'The Irishman' - Sep 19, 2010
- Al Pacino, Robert De Niro reunite for violent gangster movie - Sep 19, 2010
- De Niro to team up with Scorsese again - Mar 08, 2011
- Al Pacino can't do what Indian actors do: Anupam Kher - Jun 27, 2011
- DiCaprio tried to impress De Niro by being 'menacing' - Dec 06, 2010
- Robert De Niro 'to launch Cheryl Cole's film career' - Jun 27, 2010
- Scorsese seeks Pacino, De Niro for Sintara movie - May 26, 2010
- Robert De Niro tops list of most onscreen deaths - Dec 29, 2010
- Robert De Niro Bags Cecil B. DeMille Lifetime Achievement Award - Jan 17, 2011
- De Niro tops on screen death list - Dec 29, 2010
- Top 5 Heist Movies: Get Your Adrenaline Rushing With The Plotting And Planning - Dec 03, 2010
- 'Black Swan' involved in lawsuit - Dec 28, 2010
- Pacino replaces De Niro in 'Son Of No One' - Feb 18, 2010
- Al Pacino to play Joe Paterno - Sep 12, 2012
Tags: actors, al pacino, damages, films, lawsuit names, lawsuits, likenesses, manhattan, pacino de niro, robert de niro, robert de niro and al pacino, telephone message, tutima usa inc, tutima watches, voices, watch company