11th IIFA awards goes to Sri Lanka (Lead)March 26th, 2010 - 2:24 pm ICT by IANS
Colombo, March 26 (IANS) Sri Lanka will host the 11th International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards here in June. One of the highlights of the three-day event will be a 20Twenty match between Bollywood stars and Asian cricketers.
The award function will be held at the Sugathadasa Indoor Stadium June 2-4, reports dailynews.lk
Sri Lanka has been chosen from among countries such as South Africa, the United Arab Emirates, Australia and South Korea.
Parallel to the IIFA awards, an international fashion will also be held.
“This is a very rare and wonderful opportunity for Sri Lanka. Thanks to the prevailing peace, Sri Lanka has received international recognition,” Minister of Tourism Achala Jaagoda said.
- Sri Lanka to host 11th IIFA awards - Mar 26, 2010
- Sri Lanka to host International Indian Film Academy Awards in July - Mar 26, 2010
- Bachchan evacuated from London hotel following suspected explosion - Jan 18, 2011
- Salman to help rehabilitate child soldiers in Sri Lanka - May 12, 2010
- Sans big stars, IIFA awards end with fanfare (Review) - Jun 06, 2010
- 'Raavan' not to be screened at 11th IIFA awards: Mani Ratnam - May 10, 2010
- Bollywood stars stand by decision to be in Colombo - Jun 04, 2010
- Tamils protest outside Bachchan's residence over his proposed Sri Lanka visit - May 11, 2010
- Pakistan cricket team to tour Sri Lanka in June - Apr 30, 2012
- IIFA to be held in Colombo, no change in venue - May 29, 2010
- Sri Lankan sports minister orders report on cricket crisis - Jan 17, 2012
- Tamils protest Salman Khan's Sri Lanka visit for IIFA function - May 31, 2010
- Canadian Tamils hail Big B - Jun 07, 2010
- 'IIFA good for India-Sri Lanka relations' (Lead) - May 30, 2010
- Saif Ali Khan to host IIFA Rocks - Jun 01, 2011
Tags: achala, australia, bollywood stars, dailynews, film academy, iifa awards, indian film, international fashion, international recognition, lk, match, minister of tourism, peace, south africa, south korea, sri lanka, united arab emirates