Anil Kapoor walks the rampOctober 25th, 2008 - 4:13 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 25 (IANS) After daughter Sonam Kapoor, it was the turn of dad Anil Kapoor to walk the ramp, taking everyone by surprise on the concluding day of the Lakme Fashion Week here.Clad in grey military fatigues, Anil walked smartly down the ramp for young designer Kunal Rawal Friday evening.
“When I saw myself in the monitor just before entering the ramp, I was surprised by the look that Kunal’s costumes gave me. It showed me in a completely different style,” Anil said. “I was very excited to walk the ramp with my new look, which has never been tried before.”
“Young designers in India are doing a wonderful job and the whole world is looking up to them,” Anil told IANS after the show.
Kunal has designed costumes for Akshay Khanna and Arshad Warsi for Anil Kapoor’s next production “Shortcut”, which also stars Amrita Rao.
About Kunal, the Bollywood actor said: “He is an upcoming designer who is extremely good. He has done very good work for my film and I think he is the future of the fashion industry. I am always there to encourage young designers like him.”
Kunal’s collection “Expedition” was in masculine colours - khaki, beige, brown, black, white with touches of leaf green and a bit of orange - along with some bold checks.
Kunal said: “Anil-ji has been associated with a strong masculine image which he has carried successfully over the years. So there cannot be anyone better than him to carry my outfits, which have been designed for the male who enjoys the outdoors.”
Kunal used fabrics like cotton, linen and techno in his collection. He merged a few Indian embellishments, like the stylised Jodhpuri pants and jackets as well as the bandhgala style in his silhouette.
Embroidery and military motifs were noticeable on some of the shirts, trousers and jackets.
- Traditional fabrics turn sensual in Tahiliani's show - Sep 03, 2011
- My collection inspired by today's Marilyn Monroe: Ritu Beri - Aug 04, 2012
- Standing ovation for Kallol, Pankaj and Nidhi at LFW finale - Aug 08, 2012
- Sports joins glamour at Rajasthan Fashion Week - May 26, 2012
- Kirron walks the ramp, adds film flavour (With Images) - Aug 05, 2012
- Irrfan Khan walks ramp for Rohit-Abhishek at mens week - Sep 04, 2011
- Bollywood, cricket come together for Manoviraj Khosla - Aug 28, 2010
- Yesteryear stars come alive on VHIMW ramp - Sep 03, 2011
- Dimple Kapadia is our silent muse: Sandeep Khosla - Aug 18, 2012
- Kareena helped in brand building: Pankaj-Nidhi - Aug 08, 2012
- Mixing styles: Ravi Bajaj set for Dubai Fashion Week - Oct 17, 2011
- Brett Lee to walk the ramp for Indian designer - Jun 17, 2011
- Rohit Bal displays 'Shanti' with Arjun Rampal on ramp - Jul 26, 2011
- Designers' ode to free-spirited women at WIFW show - Oct 10, 2011
- Sonam Kapoor dazzles at Manish Malhotra's show - Jul 25, 2011