‘100 Greatest Artists of All Time’ On VH1September 8th, 2010 - 6:42 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Sep 8, (THAINDIAN NEWS) VH1 started the ‘100 Greatest Artist of All Time’ special on Monday and the fans were treated to a countdown that had all their favorite artists. Though the top 5 artists are yet to be revealed the rest of the 95 have been given the ranks and some of them are sure to surprise the fans. For example, pop icon George Michael has been given the 87th position and soul legend Sade is 50th on the list. Another interesting aspect of the list highlighted by some of the music bloggers on the web is that the top 20 artists include just one female artists -Madonna.
U2 features on the list of VH1’s ‘100 Greatest Artists of All Time’ in the 19th position. Adam Clayton from the legendary Irish rock band was also seen on the show hosted by Jim Shearer. Apart from him, several other artists like rapper 50 Cent, Nelly Furtado and Adam Levine were also seen on the show weighing in with their votes. The list was compiled with the help of contemporary artists and most reports indicate that ‘The Beatles’ will be heading it when the results are revealed. Mick Jagger’s ‘Rolling Stones’ is also expected to be in the top 3 with Michael Jackson and Led Zeppelin also in the hunt.
The 4 day special on VH1 will continue till Thursday and once the final list is released, music fans can add it to their collection for the time being. The episodes have become a rage on the web with websites holding debates among the fans about the credibility of the list. With Elvis Presley, Jimi Hendrix and Prince making it to the top ten but not the top 5, the final episode of the special is surely highly anticipated.
- New Hendrix album to mark his 40th death anniversary - Jan 06, 2010
- Muse's rendition of Feeling Good voted best cover version - Sep 22, 2010
- Jimi Hendrix Remembered With Love On His 40th Death Anniversary - Sep 18, 2010
- Jimi Hendrix's UK home to open for exhibition - May 17, 2010
- Muse song named best guitar riff of the past decade - Oct 02, 2010
- Hendrix to be honoured by Fender - Jul 12, 2010
- Jimi Hendrix's Voodoo Child named 'Best Guitar Riff Of All Time' - Nov 27, 2009
- Queen's Freddie Murcury voted 'Greatest Rock Legend Of All Time' - Sep 04, 2010
- Sarah McLachlan Carried 2010 Winter Olympic Flame - Feb 13, 2010
- Blast from past: LPs make a comeback (Feature) - Jul 10, 2011
- Hendrix, Dylan's paintings to go under hammer - Aug 04, 2010
- Drake wants to be music icon - Mar 31, 2012
- MySpace names Oz rockers AC/DC as world's best band - Oct 09, 2010
- Will Indian-American Sharon Mathai be "The Voice" of America? - Mar 30, 2012
- FBI spied on Beatles, Michael Jackson, even KFC boss - Apr 14, 2011
Tags: 100 greatest artists, adam clayton, adam levine, contemporary artists, elvis presley, female artists, george michael, irish rock, jim shearer, jimi hendrix, kar, led zeppelin, mick jagger, music fans, nelly furtado, pop icon, rock band, rolling stones, sade, vh1