‘Season of the Witch’ Movie Review: An Absolute DisappointmentJanuary 7th, 2011 - 5:19 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Film: Season of the Witch
Director: Dominic Sena
Cast: Nicolas Cage, Ron Perlman, Claire Foy
Season of the Witch fails in spite of actor Nicolas Cage. There is a saying in Hollywood which says that any film that releases on the first Friday of a new year fails to win tickets to the box office. And Season of the Witch is also a striking example of the same. Not only is the film very slow paced, the supernatural elements which are a part of the film are nothing less than boring!
Season of the Witch tells the story of two men Behmen and Felson, played by Nicolas Cage and Ron Perlman respectively who return to their home country in Europe after battling hard at the Crusades for a number of years, only to see that their home in Europe has been destroyed as a result of a plague that had seriously affected the country. In search of their roots, Behmen and Felson receive support from clergymen at the church. However they are assigned the task of transporting a girl named Anna (played by Claire Foy) from her home in the locality to a monastery by the clergy. Anna is said to be the witch of the land and it is she who is supposedly responsible for the devastating plague that hit the land.
In an era of superhero movies, the supernatural element failed to strike a chord at the Hollywood box office. Each critic has completely written off Season of the Witch and consider that Nicolas Cage has wasted his talent on the mindless movie.
- Preview Of 'Season Of The Witch': Get Ready For Some Suspense And Thrill! - Jan 06, 2011
- Nic Cage starrer 'Season of the Witch' on Indian screens Jan 21 - Jan 12, 2011
- 'Season Of The Witch' - what's the point? (IANS Movie Review) - Jan 21, 2011
- Nicolas Cage Loves Shooting In A Forest - Jan 08, 2011
- Nicolas Cage's childhood dream comes true - Jan 05, 2011
- Nicolas Cage's Season Of The Witch' release delayed - Feb 18, 2010
- Cage excited about filming in forest - Jan 07, 2011
- 'Drive Angry' entertaining, but lacks focus (IANS Movie Review) - Feb 27, 2011
- Nicolas Cage to reunite with Dominic Sena for Season of the Witch - Sep 22, 2008
- US man is world's first to sexually transmit insect-borne disease to wife - Apr 09, 2011
- Pattinson, Stewart's onscreen child isn't a newcomer - Feb 28, 2011
- 'True Grit' rules the charts on first 2011 weekend - Jan 10, 2011
- Nicolas Cage criticises ex-girlfriend Christina Fulton - Jun 16, 2011
- No Eva Mendes in 'Ghost Rider' sequel - Oct 03, 2010
- 'Ghost Rider - Spirit of Vengeance' a thrilling ride for youngsters (IANS Movie Review) - Feb 17, 2012
Tags: actor nicolas cage, clergy, clergymen, crusades, disappointment, dominic sena, film season, first friday, foy, locality, monastery, movie review, nicolas cage, plague, ron perlman, season of the witch, striking example, superhero movies, supernatural element, supernatural elements