‘Saturday Night Live’ Begins Another Season Of ComedyDecember 20th, 2010 - 7:07 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
American late night television show ‘Saturday Night Live’ went on air yet again last weekend with Eminem and Lil Wayne completely setting the stage on fire. Unfortunately, actor Jeff Bridges failed to tickle the funny bones of the audience who had gathered in front of the television sets to watch the inaugural episode of the 36th season of ‘Saturday Night Live’ on the 18th of December.
It was already Christmas on the sets of SNL this Saturday. With Eminem and Lil Wayne chanting out popular tracks like ‘No Love’ and ‘Won’t Back Down’, everybody present was in a mood to celebrate the holiday season what with all the decorations that adorned the stage of ‘Saturday Night Live’. With a live band accompanying them from the background, Eminem and Lil Wayne were undoubtedly the best part of the first episode of ‘Saturday Night Live’ this season.
On the other hand, Jeff Bridges, who was at the controlling end of the December 18th episode was far from what is expected in the sketch comedy show ‘Saturday Night Live’. His performance was sedate and not exciting at all according to several television analysts. Reports in the media claim that if the first episode of ‘Saturday Night Live’ this season is a hit, it is because of the presence and performances of Eminem and Lil Wayne. Jeff Bridges jokes were far from funny, say critics.
– Sampurn Wire
- Jeff Bridges Hosts "Saturday Night Live" As Lil Wayne, Eminem Rock The Stage - Dec 19, 2010
- Eminem Gets Back Into Focus In 2010 With A Vengeance Says MTV! - Dec 17, 2010
- Jay-Z Stages Rocking Performance At SNL - May 09, 2010
- Is Justin Timberlake going to host SNL finale? - Apr 20, 2011
- Diddy-Dirty Money Enthralls Viewers With "SNL" Debut Performance - Dec 05, 2010
- Alec Baldwin To Host The Finale Of The Current 'SNL' Season - May 07, 2010
- Host Dana Carvey Shines On SNL - Feb 06, 2011
- Justin Bieber Joins Dana Carvey On "Saturday Night Live" - Feb 06, 2011
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Back With Jim Carrey And The Black Keys - Dec 18, 2010
- Alec Baldwin Set To Entertain Audience At 'SNL' Finale - May 07, 2010
- Fans want Betty White to host SNL - Feb 10, 2010
- Bryan Cranston hosted Saturday Night Live to a very tepid response - Oct 04, 2010
- Kristen Wiig retires two SNL characters - May 04, 2011
- Ke$ha Grabs Attention With Her Outfit On "Saturday Night Live" - Apr 19, 2010
- Miley Cyrus making 'Saturday Night Live' debut in March - Feb 12, 2011